Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 23 LSV vs Supra 22SSV or 24SSV

SoundBox

Does anyone have feedback on the 08 Supras vs the new 23 LSV. The LSV is an excellent boat but I have been looking at the Supras also. I like the X-15 but its priced a bit much for what it is. The Supras look like a good deal but are they? Are they worth the $10-15K in savings over the 23 LSV?

Does anyone have feedback on the 08 Supras vs the new 23 LSV. The LSV is an excellent boat but I have been looking at the Supras also. I like the X-15 but its priced a bit much for what it is. The Supras look like a good deal but are they? Are they worth the $10-15K in savings over the 23 LSV?

I think Supra's are great looking boats! They have some great color schemes and graphics. The only one I have been in/behind was an 03 21v w/gg package. The boat was nice, but I didn't like the shape of the wake. It was much more vertical and abrupt compared to the Malibu's I have been in. Test drive them both and get what works best for you. If cost is a concern you may want to check out the Sanger V230. Whistling.gif or Moomba XLV. If for nothing more, then just to have more to compare the Malibu and Supra to. Good luck!

I do not like the rear facing seat behind the drivers seat. That alone kept me from looking seriously at the Supra this time around. Malibu just seems to use space more wisely. Even with a full crew, my LSV never seems small...........and I ALWAYS have a big crew.

I didn't think there was that much difference between the two of them. What I noticed at the boat show was that Supra will but the smaller engine in their large boats. The 24ssv I saw had the 340 and you cannot get anything smaller than the Hammerhead in the Malibu. Supra seems to be a nice boat but I just cannot get excited about one. Just me.

I didn't think there was that much difference between the two of them. What I noticed at the boat show was that Supra will but the smaller engine in their large boats. The 24ssv I saw had the 340 and you cannot get anything smaller than the Hammerhead in the Malibu. Supra seems to be a nice boat but I just cannot get excited about one. Just me.

You can get the Monsoon 340 in the Malibu 23 LSV!

You can get the Monsoon 340 in the Malibu 23 LSV!

It works just fine too!

My Dad has an 05 or 06 Supra 24SSV, and I like it a lot. It throws a great wakeboard wake and a great surf wake. I don't think he's had too many issues; he had one of the bow handles come loose and he's got a shimmy from the steering wheel when he takes off. He also had a loose electrical connection to the fuel pump. All pretty minor issues, even though we still don't know what the shimmy is. I keep telling him to get the frickin' warranty service done on it but he lives pretty far from the dealer, so he won't get it done.

I don't really like the seat behind the driver's seat either. It seems to take up space, but it's probably all in the eye of the beholder.

It came with Fly High ballast bags instead of hard tanks. I really like that option. The hard tanks seem like they'd be a pain in the butt.

It's got a good amount of bling; a lot of chrome and LEDs everywhere. I still think the new Malibu's have it beat as far as the bling factor and styling. Quality-wise, I bet they're comparable.

We looked around at Supra, MC, CC, Moomba, & Malibu. We felt like the Malibu was the best overall value. We really disliked the Supra. We felt that the ride wasn't as good, the wave shape not nearly as good, we hated the fact that the rear storage had ballast bags, and the overall fit and finish just didn't compare. I would get a Moomba if money is a concern over the Supra. I think CC is probobly built the best but they were really small and would certainly cramp our entertaining. Our 23LSV feels like we are sitting in a living room. Also, it is family friendly and has been a joy to own. I would suggest a malibu over a supra anyday.

Agree with the sentiments above. Supra has come a long way, but they are still drawing a crowd based on their excessive use of accessories. Get past the accessories and the boats aren't comparable.

If it makes a difference, I have ridden and driven almost everything out there for Inboards and we are now on our 3rd Malibu Wakesetter in the past 4 years. Nothing beats a bu!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here as a closet Bu fan. I went through the same thing last year, Bu or Supra and ended up going with the Supra as I thought I was just getting more for my money. Although I really wanted the Bu.

In hindsight I wish I would have spent the extra money and got the Bu. I have had a copious amount of problems with the boat and the dealer, everything from minor quality issues to problems that have sidelined us for more than a few weekends. I'd be happy to go down the list if you're interested.

Now I'm looking at losing my rear to get out of a lemon and into the boat I should have bought. Apart from the quality issues I really do like the Supra, it just can't be trusted.

Good luck.

Edited by DooSkiX

IN MY OPINION STEER CLEAR OF THE SUPRA MY BROTHER IN LAW JUST BOUGHT A 08 WORLDS EDITION BITCHIN LOOKING BOAT DECENT WAKE. THE DRIVEABILITY SUCKS ITS 20 HRS OLD AND FALLING APART. I OWN A 07 VTX THAT WILL PUT THE WAKEBOARD WAKE AND SURF WAKE TO SHAME. ARE SHOP BOAT IS A 08 23 LSV GREAT BOAT WAY BETTER THAN THE 07. MY BESTFRIEND OWNS A VLX BY FAR THE BEST ALL AROUND BOAT. THER ARE SOME KILLER DEALS OUT THERE ON 07S