Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MLS retrofit

Dinsdale

How difficult, or how expensive is it to add MLS to a 2000 Sunsetter LXI? I already have the wedge, does the 500lbs of ballast make much of a difference?

Adding a bag in the ski locker isn't too difficult depending on which route you go for the install. Do a search, there are multiple threads that outline the different systems people have installed, and the pros and cons of each.

You'll get a much better wake out of your boat with the addition weight in the front. Currently your Wedge is sinking the back of the boat a disproportionate amount, so bringing the bow down will make a for a larger, better shaped wake, and will also improve the boat's performance and handling.

I have a 2001 Sunsetter LXI and have been told "do not put sacks in the rear trunk do to the fuel tank being there. Are you talking about the ski locker in the walkway to the bow or the rear trunk.

I've been told that you can put sacks in the trunk, you just need to reinforce the floor some. The floor is pretty flexible & there is no hard support around the tank.

Some aluminum tube attached to seat back with a 90 degree, flat bar running along top of tank, legs w/feet going down to bottom of boat & flat bar or thin rectangle tubing going across top of tank (I think the guy who posted about it did 4 cross straps.). If you search, you should find a nice post & pictures on it.

Sorry, I was referring to the ski locker in the walkthrough, not the trunk at the back of the boat.

With a Wedge, and no additional weight towards the front of the boat, putting more weight in the trunk would be a waste of time.