Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Buying new ski gear

lewistonskier

I've been looking at getting a new ski, and I know what I want to get. I found the ski on one Website for a good price, and the boots on another Website for a better price than the first one. If I order the ski and the boots seperatly, is it difficult to mount them myself? Any special tools involved? Thanks.

It will depend on the ski and boots you pick. If you are looking at a hi end ski some are mounted with velcro some people like to use inserts and screws. Binding placement is critical. A good ski set up correctly will ski much better than a Hi end ski set up poorly.

I've been looking at getting a new ski, and I know what I want to get. I found the ski on one Website for a good price, and the boots on another Website for a better price than the first one. If I order the ski and the boots seperatly, is it difficult to mount them myself? Any special tools involved? Thanks.

Really depends on what you are getting, but for standard rubber bindings, most interchange easily.

HO, D3, kd, Kidder all use the same front hole pattern.

Current (not older) HO, d3, kidder, kd use interchangeable rears.

If you are handy with a screwdriver, and are ordering skis/boots from those manufacturers, its easy to just place them in their neutral settings.

You can also order binidngs from Wileyski.com, and the wileys bindings can be ordered with whatever plate you need.

Let me know what you are in the market for, and ill let you know what will work.