Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX Pricing and Options help PLEASE!!

Kimbro

Here are the options.

T/A Boatmate tube trailer with brakes, docking lights, Grow Boating Campaign, Malibu Launch System - Bow Ballast System, Option 3 Battery Set Up, Pop-up bow Light, Pull up cleats - two pair, Pylon - chrome upgrade, rear sun deck walk-over, wedge (power), billet chrome glove box door, depth finder module, flusk kit transom installed, Silent Tip Exhaust, water cooled shaft seal, 12" sub woofer with amp, 2-Channel power amplifier for tower speakers, sound pack, transom remote, swim platform.

Tower Features: Illusion X tower, bimini Top and Black boot, bullet lights (4 lamps), bullet Rockford fosgate speakers - 1 pair, 2 custom wake board racks.

Trailer Features: Aluminum Tread plate on from and rear step pads, aluminum trad plate on tandem fenders, back-light front steps, spare tire carrier, spare tire wheel assembly, stainless steel tandom axle fenders, two color pinstripe.

Canvas Features: Sunbrella cover for Illusion X MSRP: $76,065.

What should I expect to pay and is the bow ballast system enough for wakesurfing??

Any help and opinions are welcome!!

What engine? Which hull? Why the transome walk over?

If I could do it again I would skip the billeted glove box door. It is heavy and because of that leaves a dent in the seat where the lock on the door hits the seat.

Heater, shower, and heated driver's seat are also very nice if you are out in cool weather.

I ordered a Jump Seat for the walkthrough (see the I-Ride Jump Seats) and highly recommend it if you have younsters with you. My son loves "his seat" and we can sit him next to Daddy facing forward like he is also driving or spin it around and put him in the walkthrough and keep an eye on him.

Do a search on Willy's posts. He had a good dialed in setup for wakesurfing withe the VTX and stock ballast (including the bow tank).

Edited by Matt_Alger

The boat has the 320 LCR engine. This boat is in stock and beautiful just need find out if the bow ballast and power wedge are enough for wakesurfing. The boat is not local so I can't take it out for a test as of yet. Never had a Malibu and haven't ridden behind one either so any input would be great. Gonna hit up the local dealer and see if he wants to deal but it is spring and I'm not expecting much! I can get this particular boat for 55k spankin new but don't wanna waste my time driving 800 miles to pick it up if I can't get a good surf wake!!

I don't think you will get a good surf wake out of any boat with stock ballast... You will either need to add more ballast bags or really load it up with people.. I couldn't surf with my family on board and just the stock ballast and wedge in my VLX, but when I loaded it up with about 8 people (some heavier than others) then the wake got really nice...

The good thing about the VLX and VTX is that the stock ballast is under the floor so you are not supposed to but many do add sacs on top in the side compartments and on the seats..

I would definitely get the bow ballast though..

Good Luck

Kimbro,

To find out about surfing with a VTX please PM Willy. He will be able to help.

However, if surfing is as critical as it seems to be for you then you may want to check out bigger boats including Centurions. The VTX is only a 20' boat and intended to be multisport capable so it won't likely be an awesome surf boat but as I recall Willy said that you could surf with just stock ballast (including the bow tank and power wedge). Now that may be with a bigger board but it is surfable.

Just got a 2008 Absolutely fully loaded solid color blue hull VTX with Ballast,Depth,Lights,Upgraded speakers to polk, 1200watts,dual battery,covers and 400hp upgrade power wedge ect 52,000.00 with trailer,tax and a full tank of gas. As for wakesurfing I do it everday with factory ballast and 2 friends in the boat works great and the boat makes my neighbors Nautics and Mastercrafts look so 1950.

Watch that Ski Centurian sales man we had a enzo for a week to demo and man it's like a Kia version of the original Malibu even down to the tower with it's backwards version of the bimini and quarky controls no intigration thier.

Note: stay clear of the factory JBL option on the Malibu if you want it to run an Ipod (it just doesn't work and it doesn't have a CD player so it's a 1,200.00 FM radio)On the same page the rockford speakers will rust look at Polk. Otherwise it is the coolest smoothest boat we have been on.

Just got a 2008 Absolutely fully loaded solid color blue hull VTX with Ballast,Depth,Lights,Upgraded speakers to polk, 1200watts,dual battery,covers and 400hp upgrade power wedge ect 52,000.00 with trailer,tax and a full tank of gas. As for wakesurfing I do it everday with factory ballast and 2 friends in the boat works great and the boat makes my neighbors Nautics and Mastercrafts look so 1950.

Watch that Ski Centurian sales man we had a enzo for a week to demo and man it's like a Kia version of the original Malibu even down to the tower with it's backwards version of the bimini and quarky controls no intigration thier.

Note: stay clear of the factory JBL option on the Malibu if you want it to run an Ipod (it just doesn't work and it doesn't have a CD player so it's a 1,200.00 FM radio)On the same page the rockford speakers will rust look at Polk. Otherwise it is the coolest smoothest boat we have been on.

52,000 sounds like you stole that boat!! Did your dealer upgrade the speakers? How about the HU? Don't really need to run an Ipod would really like sirius satellite.

Yes. You can surf with factory ballast and a power wedge. I used to have the Cut Diamond hull and I would fill the side the surfer was on, fill the mid tank and run the bow from empty to about 1/2 full, and power wedge with the needle in the 12:00 position. It is critical as well to put any people in the boat on the surf side as well as back in the rear seat and on the engine hatch. I weigh 180# and use a CWB tsunami which is a pretty small board with no problems. My new VTX (wake hull) is here however, lake michigan is still pretty cold so I am a couple of weeks off from surfing yet. That is OK though, I have just been skiing in the river getting her broke in.