Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordered my Tower!!

Headhunter 2317

I bit the bullet and finally ordered my tower. After hours of reading about them, I decided on the Titan I. Black of course. I should have it in 4 weeks.

The CFO is putting the pressure on to have Malibu do the install. I could do it but the drilling into the gelcoat give me major bad visions.

I've started to use the tapered spiral flute dremel tool cutters. They burn right through and so far I haven't had any chipping.

BTW the Titan I rocks!

I bit the bullet and finally ordered my tower.  After hours of reading about them, I decided on the Titan I. Black of course.  I should have it in 4 weeks. 

The CFO is putting the pressure on to have Malibu do the install.  I could do it but the drilling into the gelcoat give me major bad visions.

Lets see, you ordered the tower from wakeside, but want the same Malibu dealer that was offering you both the Titan and Monster to install it.

Somebodies going to pay a little bit more $$ on the install Surprised.gif

Lets see, you ordered the tower from wakeside, but want the same Malibu dealer that was offering you both the Titan and Monster to install it.

Somebodies going to pay a little bit more $$ on the install  Surprised.gif

I agree -- especially knowing the guys at AI...

JZ

Good choice on the tower. Monster makes a good tower no doubt, but the titan is the benchmark for strenght and stiffness and well worth it.

Anyone have a pic of the tital I tower folded down? Will it fit under my regular cover?

I see that the Titan I is actually cheaper with the bonus bucks from wakeside. Is it really a better tower? Is it as quiet? I was ready to buy when the monster tower went up by 20%. Bad business

Edited by Malibu Doc

I had a '99 LXI that I would leave the tower down on with a Westland canvas cover. It worked OK, but I had a silver tarp over that. The canvas just barely covered the rubrail at the high point of the tower (right at the driver's seat IIRC). If you are going to leave it on a lift or outside without a roof over it, I'd fold the tower. If it's just for dust in a garage, have it modified to fit with the tower up.

P

My boat has a Titan I on it and I fold it down and use the factor cover over the boat. Works great don't need any prop rods.

I installed my Titan I and was worry like you. But, I got a unibit and measure everything 8157 times before I actually drilled. The install went flawlessly and I have really enjoyed the tower.

The easiest way is to put the tower together on the ground, feet and all and then get a few guys and set it on the boat. This will let you make sure it is where you want it and you can make it so the center window will actually open. Then Double check the location on both sides with a measuring tape to make sure it is centered and mark the bases and holes with a wax pencil. Take it off, drill/mount the base. Then put the tower on. If it does not line up you have to adjust the bolts in the feet of the tower in or out.

I have never heard of a unibit. I have always used a regular bit and then a countersink. Am I missing out on the unibit? As far as marking the holes, I have covered the prospective area with masking tape to prevent scratches, then place the tower, mark with a punch, take tower off and then drill. Suggestions?

I am watching this thread as well.

I have a similar topic going, but I just focus on this thread for the moment.

Hey Joe, if you need another set of hands let me know.

You don't live that far from me. Just a few miles.

I have never heard of a unibit.  I have always used a regular bit and then a countersink.  Am I missing out on the unibit?  As far as marking the holes, I have covered the prospective area with masking tape to prevent scratches, then place the tower, mark with a punch, take tower off and then drill.  Suggestions?

unibit: http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US...10091269-Unibit

I wont drill Fiberglass with anything else now that I've tried this.