Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Willamette

obski

We were out on the Willamette this morning and the amount of debris was markedly decreased from what it has been for the past week. We were the only ones on the river and had some good runs. I thought we were the only ones out because it was early and it was cold and drizzling a bit, but then I saw this article about an all too frequent event around here. Actually, the overflows occur downriver from where we go, but still...

We were out on the Willamette this morning and the amount of debris was markedly decreased from what it has been for the past week. We were the only ones on the river and had some good runs. I thought we were the only ones out because it was early and it was cold and drizzling a bit, but then I saw this article about an all too frequent event around here. Actually, the overflows occur downriver from where we go, but still...

Alot of people probably don't pay attention to where, just that the river is going to thicken up a bit, so they stay away.

Ok we had a name for 3 fiends that snowmobiled through a large dark spot in a field. It was a spot a septic truck dumped his load. Boy did they stink. Any way we call them the three $hit surfers, but if you want to use the name well have at it ROFL.gif

I grew up in Portland & that has been something that has happened for as long as I can remember. In fact I remember my parents talking about it happening when they were children as well. Nothing new or surprising there.

You got to keep it in perspective of parts per million, also the microorganisms living in the river actually treat the poop and make it "disappear" though they can only handle so much at a time... Ah to live in Portland where can have choice between floating in poop or radiation http Rockon.gif

First outing of the season I had a little tiny (not even open) cut on my big toe. It had been "healed up" for a few days and I didn't think anything about getting in the water for a few seconds (just to help launch the boat). That night I woke up with a tons of pain in my toe and it really swollen. I almost called into work sick cause I couldn't walk on it...

Long story short, that river is dirty!

But I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rockon.gif

I keep forgetting. When the water "thickens up" like that do I want to add some depth to my fin or take some away. Maybe I should ask Schnitz. With all the sh*t he's been flinging around lately he probably knows. :)

That's nasty. Milwaukee does the same thing every time we get a big downpour.

I like how they call it blending when they do that...almost makes it sound edible.

I keep forgetting. When the water "thickens up" like that do I want to add some depth to my fin or take some away. Maybe I should ask Schnitz. With all the sh*t he's been flinging around lately he probably knows. :)

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

call of the day Thumbup.gif

City of Portland is the biggest polluter of the Willamette. In the summer, the majority of the water in the river has been through a sewage treatment plant, i.e. Eugene, Salem, West Linn, Portland, etc. The west side 'Big Pipe' is finished, east side should be completed by 2011. Then we'll still average 4 days of combined sewage outflow Drool.gif

First outing of the season I had a little tiny (not even open) cut on my big toe. It had been "healed up" for a few days and I didn't think anything about getting in the water for a few seconds (just to help launch the boat). That night I woke up with a tons of pain in my toe and it really swollen. I almost called into work sick cause I couldn't walk on it...

We've been in the river over by Ridgefield/St. Helens (slough) and I swear I felt dizzy and just off for about 3 days after that. No other apparent reason whatsoever.

Oh yeah by the way inadvertantly stimbled across a nudist beach off of Sauvie Island on Saturday! Crazy.gif

We've been in the river over by Ridgefield/St. Helens (slough) and I swear I felt dizzy and just off for about 3 days after that. No other apparent reason whatsoever.

Oh yeah by the way inadvertantly stimbled across a nudist beach off of Sauvie Island on Saturday! Crazy.gif

I believe they prefer to be refered to as 'clothing optional beach enthusiasts'... Biggrin.gif

You know in Boson we're famous for loving "that dirty water" but we sure as heck don't swim or ski in it!!

I believe they prefer to be refered to as 'clothing optional beach enthusiasts'... Biggrin.gif

Beached whales more than likely... Biggrin.gif

I think we will need photos to decide if they (ladies) were whales!

I think we will need photos to decide if they (ladies) were whales!

Ummmmm...I don't think you want that..seriously.. they were huge from a distance and I didn't want to see any of it close up.. :unsure: