Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboarding set up

Wrenches

Hello all. I am a new wakeborder. I am wondering what I need to do to my bindings to get ride of the pain in the upper left leg.

I guess I should tell you I have been boarding for 1 season. I have a Obrien board and CWB Vapor bindings. I ride with my right foot forward. I believe I have the binding stance at the perfect width no as the board feels really good when riding, but I am getting pain in the upper left leg when I am jumping over the wakes and landing. Could this be caused by the angle of the boots?

Please any help to set this up and fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I am really enjoying this sport. I live in Northern Alberta and the Ice just came off the local lake here about a week ago. So we threw on the wet suit and was out riding this weekend.

Thanks for all you help in advance.

A picture of the width and angle would help. Since you are goofy (footed, that is) and your left leg gets soar, your left binding probably has too much angle(open stance...not pigeon toed). It's very common for people to angle the bindings outward too much at first. Enjoy your newly found passion/addiction.

Hello all. I am a new wakeborder. I am wondering what I need to do to my bindings to get ride of the pain in the upper left leg.

I guess I should tell you I have been boarding for 1 season. I have a Obrien board and CWB Vapor bindings. I ride with my right foot forward. I believe I have the binding stance at the perfect width no as the board feels really good when riding, but I am getting pain in the upper left leg when I am jumping over the wakes and landing. Could this be caused by the angle of the boots?

Please any help to set this up and fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I am really enjoying this sport. I live in Northern Alberta and the Ice just came off the local lake here about a week ago. So we threw on the wet suit and was out riding this weekend.

Thanks for all you help in advance.

Keeping the binding angle to your natural stance is a good place to start. Just stand on the board naturally without the bindings and note the angles.

You should not be feeling pain on all landings. Also I'd stretch the width of your stance. Too many people put bindings too close together which does not give you a good position/balance on landing.

Put your feet into your bindings and stand on your board (without them attached). Take note of where they feel comfortable (FYI I ride all the way out, but one in feels comfy when just standing there). Then perform a deep squat to see what the duck (angle) should be for each leg.

WOW Thank you all for the response. I will give these suggestions a try next weekend and let you know how it worked out for me.

Thanks Again

I would take D Gooses advice. Jump up and down in your living room. When you land, take note of how wide your stance is and how ducked out your feet are. Transfer that to you boots on your board.

If that doesnt help out your pain, maybe look at a new pair of boots. Now, go and rip.

+1 for the jump up and down. I had my cousin jump off of a chair a few times then I set his bindings to the same width and angle and had him do it a couple more to verify. I've had to play with the angle occasionally when I ride and one knee feels a little strained, it'll feel better if you get it right.

+1 for the jump up and down. I had my cousin jump off of a chair a few times then I set his bindings to the same width and angle and had him do it a couple more to verify. I've had to play with the angle occasionally when I ride and one knee feels a little strained, it'll feel better if you get it right.

For novice riders it will help tremendously to open the front foot, until you try riding or landing switch.