Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Beemans Barefoot boom mount height??

rushman

I just got a new Beemans boom for my 03 Sportster LX. I have tenatively installed the mount on the pylon while the boat is on the trailer in the driveway and have kinda "eyed it up" for the boom height at the end of the boom. I want to be able to get it right before I hit the water with some buddies this weekend. I don't want to be screwing around with it out on the water when we just want to foot. Does anyone here have some suggestions on the height the mount should be from the floor of the boat to the top of the mount. I think my so far is at about 8". Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

I just got a new Beemans boom for my 03 Sportster LX. I have tenatively installed the mount on the pylon while the boat is on the trailer in the driveway and have kinda "eyed it up" for the boom height at the end of the boom. I want to be able to get it right before I hit the water with some buddies this weekend. I don't want to be screwing around with it out on the water when we just want to foot. Does anyone here have some suggestions on the height the mount should be from the floor of the boat to the top of the mount. I think my so far is at about 8". Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

You may want to invest in a ladder for the pylon. I use the BI boom and height really depends on skier and what I am doing. I use a different height for front, back and toe ups. Will you be holding on to the boom or using an extension? If I am doing forwards on the extension I use the height that is right at 10" but the ladder is a good option if you will constantly be changing height for skiers. All you have to do is pull the pin.