Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion XS tower

skyskier

When I pull the pins to lower my tower, it feels like I am holding the full weight of the tower. There is no way the average person can pull the pins with one hand and hold the weight of the tower with the other hand without the tower crashing down. The only accessories on the tower are the bimini and two swivel board racks. I have checked to make sure the springs/cables are connected to the tower.

My questions:

1) How much of the weight should be handled by the "assist" springs? 25%? 50%? 75%?

2) Are the springs adjustable? If so, how?

Thanks!

04 was the first year of the illusion tower (the cast one anyway) and it didn't come with springs the first year, did you add them aftermarket?

-Chris

He has a 2008 LSV. It just hasn't been updated yet in his profile. Whistling.gif

beat me to it :)

It sounds like your tower has issues from you 2 posts. I would get it back to the dealer and look at getting a warranty replacement.

Ok, I am all checked out on how to adjust the springs. (thanks NVBoarder) Now I just need to know how much "assistance" I should dial in. Can someone who is familiar with the XS tower help me out? I don't want to overload the springs.

I don't believe you can overload the springs. Crank them all the way in (at least they do on the Illusion X, I'm guessing the XS is identical), and the threads will bottom out long before it carrys the full weight of the tower.

Peter

Ok, I am all checked out on how to adjust the springs. (thanks NVBoarder) Now I just need to know how much "assistance" I should dial in. Can someone who is familiar with the XS tower help me out? I don't want to overload the springs.

Can you share the tips you got about "how" to adjust the springs? I looked up underneath and didn't notice a way to tighten them...

Thanks!