Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Air Chair

Air Force 1

I don't nearly this kind of hang time, but even I get these amazed looks from people on the lake.

Don't let Bill fool you... he is a great rider! I've seen him go huge!

I don't nearly this kind of hang time, but even I get these amazed looks from people on the lake.

Don't let Bill fool you... he is a great rider! I've seen him go huge!

I tell you what, with all these new wings coming out these days, almost any fool can go huge! The trick is coming down upright!! Thumbup.gif

While I may not be riding your wings, Bryan, I firmly believe that we have you & others like you to thank for pushing the envelope. Little companies like Extreme & Foiltech are pushing the big guys, SS & AC, to come out with equipment that can compare! The end result is better gear for us all. The next year or two is going to be exciting to see all the new ideas that come around!

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I started like most others with low end equiptment and now am on my 4th foil and ready to move up again soon. Now on a B 39 Sky Ski with softtail tower. I got addicted like most and now don't have to carry all that extra stuff like skis and wakeboards. Do now carry a surf board though.

Looking to buy an Air Chair when I can scrounge up the cash. I have seen videos of it being pulled, but can't remember ever seeing someone get up on one. Anybody on here ride one? Any recommendations on brands to buy? Tips on usaing? These things look like crazy fun!!! Looks like you could also eat $hit pretty hard if you don't know what your doing.....

If you want to save time and money go straight for a Sky Ski LE38 t-bar!! Thumbup.gif

We've had a wide variety of foils:

DSC06131.JPG

The LE is a performance t-bar that works for beginners to pros! The ultra limited t-bars from Xtream, Foiltech and GY38 are taking experienced foilers to new heights but those t-bars are aggressive and not the best option for beginners. The LEs hold their value so if foiling doesn't work for your crew they are very marketable!

Mrs. Sunsetter with her LE and she can do THIS now!

DSC00579.JPG

noobs...................14-18 mph

learning inverts......18-22 mph

seasoned riders.......24-30 mph

Thanks for the input Biggrin.gif

From learning to get up to learning to jump to learning new inverts, having a good teacher is most important (as long as you're on decent equipment). IMO the 2 Bryans (Schumacher and Steele) are the best in the world... Find yourself a good teacher and you will progress rapidly.

A few years ago I spent a week or so with some friends at Lake Naciemento (sp?). Nacimiento Their all old barefooters & now they all ride foils. They still barefoot occasionally, but they ride foils daily. I think a few of them are Crew members too (Dan?). YEP

Foiling is a great sport. I don't ski or board at all anymore, as my old body parts complain louder each year. Foiling is all about balance and finesse, not strength, so the muscles don't ache.

I learned on a Sky Ski with the standard rock tower and upgraded to an LE 38 with the Evo tower last year. It's more foil than I will ever be able to fully utilize but even at my lower skill level, it's a blast to ride.

Edited by Dan P
  • 2 weeks later...

I know that Lonnie was already mentioned with Cinch Max but someone asked about a longer strap. Lonnie sells an extension that will allow for different size riders.

On another note anyone who has or know someone that has a sky ski rack that will fit on a monster tower, I am looking. Looking for a budget price.

Also if anyone is looking for a monster tower water ski rack let me know I will make you a great deal!

Yea, Lonnie has more goofy little gadget things that are too cool.

- His hook n look quick release is truly amazing that it even works..... and now I don't ever ride without one.

- The RopeStay is nice for keeping the rope on the tower, dripping outside of the boat.

CTSunsetter, that picture is a riot. I had to send it to a dozen or so of my foilin buddies. Give it a few days on the net & it'll come full circle back to you.

Long time, no see Dan. Parker in 2001 I believe. Those little kids of yours gotta be about big enough to take on their old man by now. Thumbup.gif