Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding Second Battery to 07 V-Ride

ADDICTED2WAKE

I'm eventually upgrading the stock stereo and adding subs, amps, etc. Before I do that however I understand I should add a second battery.

I like doing these things on my own, but when it comes to electrical expertise, I don't have it.

Does anyone have (or know where I can find) an install guide and wiring diagram? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I couldn't find much on the searches.

search for "perko" or "hellroaring". Lots of people on this site that use both. Perko is the less-expensive way to go, but requires you to manually turn a switch located near the batteries. The hellroaring combiner isolater is the "easier" way to go once you get it all set up, it automatically combines the batteries while running and separates one while you are sitting. You wire a low-voltage switch to your dash so you can manually flip over to the second battery if the first is dead. Total cost of the system should be around $300, but was well worth it to me since I dont have to make people move from the passengers compartment every time I want to select a battery or check the isolation state..etc The guys at hellroaring are awesome and can help you alot. Their site can be a bit overwhelming at first, but the info at this page should help you out a lot. http://www.hellroaring.com/simple.php (the site appears to be down right now? So im not sure if the link Is correct).

Chad

Just go buy a $29.00 Perko with 3 positions OFF, BAT.# 1, BAT # 2, and ALL or BOTH the boats Positive battery cable can be different gauges depending on where their located ( THE RUN ; to and from the sorce), this cable connect to "C" (common) and buy three other 2 gauge depending on length, (2- RED:POS.and 1- Blk. NEG )Run both NEW RED Positve cables from bothe Positive batery terminal (post) to the # 1 and then the other to # 2 behind your PERKO Switch. The NEW short Blk. Negetive cable will connect one battery to the other NEG. -and on one of the Negitive Terminal(post)connect the boats BLK. NEGitive cable to one of the terminals. BE sure to have TWO batteries , a START-UP and the other a DEEP CYCLE , get trays or boxes to put them in. You will be fine , Good Luck! George A.