Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Merced Factory Warranty Service Scheduling Issues & Shop Delays

Addictedto6

Correct it has to deal w/ the subsidance of the foam, nothing to really worry about. Malibu will r&r the foam if the problem is a big concern. Something to just work w/ your dealer to get a claim in. In the cases I'm familiar w/ they all needed to done at the factory.

G and I had problems such as yours in our boats. We both had Echelons. Malibu took care of it when I took it down to their facility. Took about a month.

Brad

theskiflyer

Away we go...

I posted in reply to a totally malicious and false statement ("Since Mastercraft has shut their doors for the rest of the year, warranty work at authorized dealers or at the factory may be spotty for all boat dealers.") and have been provided with solid evidence that this is not reality. MasterCraft customers and Dealers are currently receiving far better warranty support and parts supply than that provided by Malibu, period, no contest!

The fact is that posting information such as this, are a weak attempt to deflect the problems EVERY boat manufacturer is currently struggling with, onto a direct competitor. This is cowardly and typical of the spin I have always been presented with by Malibu Factory reps, at boat shows, etc. From a family that has purchased 5 Malibu boats, it is clearly evident that marketing BS has taken a front seat to product quality since late 2005 - 2006.

Post by - 99response - "YOU do realize this original post if well over 13 months old":

I was responding to a June 9/2009 post???? Dontknow.gif Can't read, but has a 99 Response, if Malibu still built and supported their boats to 1999 quality standards, I would not have posted as reply!

Post by - 99response - "I also love how you connect the comments from a person who is not related to Malibu to "Merced"".

If you believe that some members on here are not connected and or are employees of Malibu Boats LLC, may I introduce you to Santa Claus...sorry no Icon available for "sniffing glue" available.

Post by - SmootWaterMan - "If you are referring to PCW, (Not PWC), then I can understand some delay, as PCW is extraordinarily hard to get warranty parts from. I would imagine this is one of the reasons Malibu choose a new supplier."

Or are their current windshields coming from China?? Thus PCW is telling them to pound salt, at the sake of current owners???

So is this the same case for their rudder, prop shaft, strut, bow rail, rub rail suppliers also??? Looks like a chronic versus a single supplier problem, to an informed (as compared to fanatic boat) owner??? We are the ones with out a boat for 3 weeks out of a 12 - 15 week season, could be used with a damaged windshield, but not without a prop shaft, etc.

In contrast, a MasterCraft was brought in the same day as ours (with the same damage other than the windshield)...it was back on the water last weekend!

Our dealer showed us e-mails and online requests for parts and warranty from both companies, there is "no contest" days and weeks for Malibu versus hours or 1-2 days for MC.

Also by SmoothWaterMan - "or is so late paying bills their parts and warranty account has been shut down"

The dealer also showed me clear documentation that Malibu is at least 45 days past due versus MC in paying their warranty obligations! MC pays within 1-2 days!

Post by - WakeGirl - "No, I think we'll let this one run since it is still relatively on topic. Besides, the more you open your mouth, the more you show your true colors & I'd hate to keep that from happening."

...Merced it is OK???!!!

Post by - Seeking a Life - "It wasn't Malibu who made Mac ads mocking Mastercraft and I have not seen any commentary from "Merced" on anything other than their own plans."

Most would agree that agree that the original Mac ads are brilliant and MC's adaption is "fun", they picked on everyone.."Little Chihuahua" is upset he did not think of it first; now go to your corner and pout! Tongue.gif

Okay skiflyer, you've had your fun. You'll receive an email in a few minutes explaining that you've been banned from the site. You clearly have no interest in trying to rectify or find a solution to your situation (or at least the one that you've outlined here, I have serious doubts as to the validity of your story based on the information that I've been able to collect about you, & that isn't inconsequential), you obviously have an agenda - the label Troll for you would be kind. If you had even glanced at the Terms of Use, then you would have seen that your behavior wouldn't have been tolerated.

As to your claims that this site is somehow controlled by Merced, there's no point in trying to convince you otherwise. You've got your mind made up & my information about you would lead me to believe that there's more to the story, but I'll leave it at that. Somehow I think that you'll be welcome over at Team Mastercraft, that or the second that your MC dealer can't get a bilge pump that's on the fritz fixed in the 5 minutes that you give them to do it, you'll take it to that forum & then you'll find out how a site that's truly run by a manufacturer reacts to this kind of crap.

It was quite comical at the LA boat show this year.

I went to the MC and CC booths and they had good to say about their boats and ... bad to say about the others.

And pretty much a lot of desperate dealers at the show did likewise.

Some of the Malibu folks were even questioning the business practicality of developing the Corvette boat and the Axis.

The local Malibu dealers in SoCal are very willing to do service and warranty work... this is their bread and butter right now.

Not building boats in Merced is a rough concept to grasp as this has been and I believe still is the main office.

I'm sure factory work may take a bit longer but for years Malibu always came through for their customers... I believe even a smaller Bu will too!

Okay skiflyer, you've had your fun. You'll receive an email in a few minutes explaining that you've been banned from the site.

Thank God!