Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Minor Hull Damage...

So I realized on Saturday, that the bolt holding down the runner on the trailer had come up, and has been ripping a bunch of nice gouges in the bottom of my hull. Since I'm selling the boat, I want these repaired ASAP, where would you guys suggest I take it for speedy turn around? (I'm in the Rocklin, Roseville, Granite Bay area).

-Keith

Edited by IamN2Speed

Oh wow - I'm sorry to hear that.

I have no idea where to get it fixed - but I know there are plenty of people on here who do, so I'll let them handle that part.

I just wanted to say that it wasawesome to see you & the kids on Saturday!! Thanks for coming all the way up to Oroville! Hope to see you again soon, Keith!

I have no idea where to get it fixed - but I know there are plenty of people on here who do, so I'll let them handle that part.

I just wanted to say that it wasawesome to see you & the kids on Saturday!! Thanks for coming all the way up to Oroville! Hope to see you again soon, Keith!

Thanks, it was nice to meet you, and all the others too. You should have seen the problems I was having getting the boat loaded up. I couldn't figure out what the problem was for like 20 minutes. Kept thinking I was going on the trailer sideways or something. Finally got out, and looked, and that's when I saw I was scraping the hull... Mad.gif

Put that, on top of loosing the cell phone, and only about 2 hours on the water, with about 4 hours + round trip drive time, by the end of the day, I thought I should have just stayed in bed... Meeting you guys was the only positive thing that came from the afternoon... Ugh.

Thanks, it was nice to meet you, and all the others too. You should have seen the problems I was having getting the boat loaded up. I couldn't figure out what the problem was for like 20 minutes. Kept thinking I was going on the trailer sideways or something. Finally got out, and looked, and that's when I saw I was scraping the hull... Mad.gif

Put that, on top of loosing the cell phone, and only about 2 hours on the water, with about 4 hours + round trip drive time, by the end of the day, I thought I should have just stayed in bed... Meeting you guys was the only positive thing that came from the afternoon... Ugh.

I kept thinking as we were wiping the boat down, that you would be pulling up in a few minutes - cause I was going to see if you guys wanted to stop for food with us. Then when I didn't see you after we were done, I thought you must have zipped past us without me seeing you. I guess you were still down at the ramp! I'm sorry!

I'm sure that made for a long day. What's the news on the new boat? Will you have her back by MMD?

I don't know about your area but about 80 miles south there is a Fiberglass, Gel, trailer and boat repair shop. They do lots of dealer and Insurance work, I drive by it daily and there's always a bad @ss of shore boat or wake boat there.

If you can't find anything closer

Smooth as Glass

2308 Patterson Road, Riverbank Ca. 95367

(209) 869-3545

If you decide to do the rubrail, lemme know how difficult it was. I gotta do mine, and I may even replace the entire strip that holds the rubrail (which is riveted onto the fiberglass). Sorry to hear about the scratches...I'm of no help to you on that.

Keith,

Sorry we missed ya, once we left up the middle fork we didn't make it back to the dock until the sun was down.

Here are two places, neither of which I know anything about.

MARINE FIBERGLASS AND GELCOAT REPAIR

2347 Gold River Rd. Unit J, Sacramento, CA 95670

Marine fiberglass and gelcoat repair.

www.morrison-marine.com

Hurlimanboat

7129 English Colony Way, P.O. Box 235, Penryn CA 95663

Phone: (916) 6631590 · Fax: (916) 6632140

email us: info@hurlimanboat · www.hurlimanboat.com