Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Closed cooling and showers

Hoverp

I have a 2000 Bu with the corvette LS1 and want to add a shower. The boat uses a heat exchanger for the block and head cooling but a raw water standard cooling system for the exhaust manifolds. I have an impeller and a raw water pickup for the manifolds and it circulates the water around the manifolds and sends it overboard via the exhaust just like the just like the rest of you do. couldnt I tap into the manifold hot water and then tap into the cold raw water and send those lines to the shower ? Has anyone done this on a closed cooling system.

Thanks

Patrick

On the Monsoon, there is a hose on the back of the manifolds that connect together with a garden hose fitting. Does your motor have the same setup? You could tap into that, but I don't know how hot it would be. Might be a luke warm shower at best since it probably doesn't take very much time for the water to enter one end of the manifold and go out the other. Otherwise, good question. Maybe shower isn't possible on closed cooling boats.

MalibuNation
On the Monsoon, there is a hose on the back of the manifolds that connect together with a garden hose fitting. Does your motor have the same setup? You could tap into that, but I don't know how hot it would be. Might be a luke warm shower at best since it probably doesn't take very much time for the water to enter one end of the manifold and go out the other. Otherwise, good question. Maybe shower isn't possible on closed cooling boats.

I've heard HeaterCraft has an after market shower for the LS1. Contact them and let the rest of the crew know what you find out.

HeaterCraft

Yes it has the y on the back from both maniflods that has is capped...I will have to get ti up to op temp and see how hot those hoses get.

I will check with heatercraft as well. I am just about to buy a 3 outlet heater from them.

trying to warm up in Montana!

as far as i know, the heatercraft option is the only option you have. their kit includes adds another heat exchanger to the mix. i looked into it a couple of years ago, but never added it to my FWC Monsoon (plumbed a bit different than your LS1, but uses the same kit from heatercraft).