Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do you use your dual battery switch?

sarasetp

I have Voltage sensitive relay switch for dual batteries. Settings off/on/combine both batteries. I've had my boat for over a year and I've only used the on switch when I take it out and off switch when it is stored. When charging the batteries it doesn't matter which setting it's in, it will still charge both batteries.

I turn mine to off when the boat is sitting for a while. I also have a Blue Sea ACR connected to my system between the house bank and reserve battery. I leave the perko to the 1 position and the reserve battery still gets charged. If my house bank dies (I have everything connected to this) I flip the perko to the 2 position so my reserve battery can fire up the boat.

I run on No. 1 and use No. 2 for backup.... I don't know if this is good or not, but haven't had any problems yet. I am always worried when boat is off and stereo is on for awhile, but to date I haven't run No. 1 all the way down. We normally don't sit long enough to drain the battery, before we are up and running and charging from alternator. Biggrin.gif

If we are going to park a while and play the stereo I will sometimes switch so power is coming from one battery, then when we take off again switch to both batteries. That way in case the stereo uses all the power from one battery I will have the other battery as a backup. If the boat will be stored for a long period I will turn off both batteries so there is no drain to the boat during that time.

If we are going to park a while and play the stereo I will sometimes switch so power is coming from one battery, then when we take off again switch to both batteries. That way in case the stereo uses all the power from one battery I will have the other battery as a backup. If the boat will be stored for a long period I will turn off both batteries so there is no drain to the boat during that time.

I do the same. We don't sit that much unless we go with several other boats.