Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sensor Source and Part Numbers Needed

As per my post in this thread:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=14379

Am looking for a good source that can get them to me ASAP...and part numbers for my boat, 2004 LSV with Hammerhead 5.7L would be AWESOME!!! I don't have a service manual...and don't frequent or care to do business with my local Bu Dealer.

If I strike out here, I guess I can alway call Indmar and they can run my block numbers and give me the other number I need.

Thanks in Advance!

Scott,

I doubt your ECM or ignition module is your problem. Both are very rugged items which rarily fail. Hooking up your battery backwards though could damage them both. As for the sensors.... well they are really switches which close on abnormal conditions telling the ECM to sound an alarm. My boat only has two of them, oil pressure and transmission temperature. Your boat might have more being it is newer and a V-drive. If you know how to do continuity checks, you can test all of the switches except the oil pressure switch without running the motor if you know where they are located. All the switches should not have any continuity thru them when disconnected. The oil pressure switch will show continuity since the engine is not running and there would be no oil pressure. Also, if there is a ground fault in any of the wires going to these switches, that would trigger an alarm too, as would a ground fault in the beeper wire. Hope this helps in narrowing down your problem as changing all your switches is really unnessessary and might not be your actual problem.

Edited by electricjohn
As per my post in this thread:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=14379

Am looking for a good source that can get them to me ASAP...and part numbers for my boat, 2004 LSV with Hammerhead 5.7L would be AWESOME!!! I don't have a service manual...and don't frequent or care to do business with my local Bu Dealer.

If I strike out here, I guess I can alway call Indmar and they can run my block numbers and give me the other number I need.

Thanks in Advance!

You can also find other dealers that sell/service Indimar engines. I believe MC and Supra/Moomba are OEM with Indmar, BICBW, just check the Indmar website.

Yup...Had a local Moomba/Supra dealer fix it last time. They are SUPER SUPER nice and accomodating and I did't even buy the boat from them or even ride their brand. Whistling.gif

May just call them and have them overnight all the sensors.

You can also find other dealers that sell/service Indimar engines. I believe MC and Supra/Moomba are OEM with Indmar, BICBW, just check the Indmar website.
Edited by WaveMake'nLSV

For those in the know about Diagnositcs, when you first turn the ignition on, the screen flashes "Depth Bad" and then "Oil Pressure Bad"...but has done that pretty much since I have owned the boat without this beeping issue. Dontknow.gifDontknow.gifDontknow.gif

Edited by WaveMake'nLSV