Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

57 in a shortie....

greenworks

Well this canuck got tired of the snow and hit the lake Thumbup.gif , dry suit is in the mail somewhere for the wife but I hopped in at 57 water temp in a shortie with hot water off the boat and it was suprisingly enjoyable was in for 3 - 15min sets. I though I'd be froze but in the water I was fine.Anyone else in Alberta hit the lake this May long Drool.gif ?

My 8 year old did 57* in a shortie 3 weeks ago. He slalomed and then wakeboarded including falling and getting up again. I have to admit I did it in a full wetsuit. I am not as tough as my son.

We are out as well this May Long.. Camping down south and the water is around 55-56 and we only have shorty's as well.. You know the ones they sell at Costco for $40.. Actually the water isn't that bad when the air temp is where it is this weekend.. There was no way we were going to let the cold water stop us from trying out the new boat...

What lake were you on?

We are out as well this May Long.. Camping down south and the water is around 55-56 and we only have shorty's as well.. You know the ones they sell at Costco for $40.. Actually the water isn't that bad when the air temp is where it is this weekend.. There was no way we were going to let the cold water stop us from trying out the new boat...

What lake were you on?

We boat at Dickson Dam the bad part of our lake is in a month it will get colder from the glacier and spring snow runoff.... Cry.gif oh well by then the air is warmer so like it was said it is easier to take.

Edited by greenworks

90 degree air temps

60 degree water temps

Had the dry suit, a full wet & a shorty in the boat all weekend. I didn't want to ride in a Hefty bag so I went with the shorty. It was great. Jumped in a nothing but shorts a couple times.

90 degree air temps

60 degree water temps

Had the dry suit, a full wet & a shorty in the boat all weekend. I didn't want to ride in a Hefty bag so I went with the shorty. It was great. Jumped in a nothing but shorts a couple times.

We were in Saturday and Sunday. Took a few runs on Saturday, shorts only. It was way too windy on Sunday to do anything, but we jumped in to cool off.

No kidding... we use to hit around 64 for the water temp just in shorts back in Ohio! We had to wait for the debris to clear out of the river from teh snow melt.

Can't do that any more.

Edited by Sunsetter95
Well this canuck got tired of the snow and hit the lake Thumbup.gif , dry suit is in the mail somewhere for the wife but I hopped in at 57 water temp in a shortie with hot water off the boat and it was suprisingly enjoyable was in for 3 - 15min sets. I though I'd be froze but in the water I was fine.Anyone else in Alberta hit the lake this May long Drool.gif ?

We went out to pigeon lake this weekend.. ice just came off last week.. still had some ice crystals in the water, but still had a fun weekend.

Surfed, skied, and was wakeboarding Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Warmest we saw on the temp gauge was 57 deg f. Several kids went in with shorties. My 9 year old daughter had to wakeboard several times this weekend. Now with the new boat and stero she can't board without the music pumping. 14 hours put on the new boat this weekend. I even got decent enough at surfing to let go of the rope for a minute or so ride. Pretty neat feeling following the boat without the rope. We decided the best feature of the boat has to be the new blanket I bought from Sky Ski. Plug in the heater hose and three or 4 kids could crawl in and stay toasty warm. Only one downer this weekend, must have been sand on the bunks and the boat got scratched pretty bad. I had to back off once and reset. I win't do that again. I guess the fibreglass shop will have a little more work to do this fall. Has anyone else scratched their hull bad this way?

Surfed, skied, and was wakeboarding Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Warmest we saw on the temp gauge was 57 deg f. Several kids went in with shorties. My 9 year old daughter had to wakeboard several times this weekend. Now with the new boat and stero she can't board without the music pumping. 14 hours put on the new boat this weekend. I even got decent enough at surfing to let go of the rope for a minute or so ride. Pretty neat feeling following the boat without the rope. We decided the best feature of the boat has to be the new blanket I bought from Sky Ski. Plug in the heater hose and three or 4 kids could crawl in and stay toasty warm. Only one downer this weekend, must have been sand on the bunks and the boat got scratched pretty bad. I had to back off once and reset. I win't do that again. I guess the fibreglass shop will have a little more work to do this fall. Has anyone else scratched their hull bad this way?

Is it just a light scratch? How bad is bad? If it is through the gelcoat then you will have to get it fixed.. If it is just a few light scratches it typically is nothing a wetsand won't take out... The bunks of my trailer are also scratching the bottom of my hull as well.. Make sure you get the bunks wet before loading.. I am going to invest in some of that Liquid Roller stuff to spray on mine.. Hopefully that will make it easier on the gel coat..

I put about 7.5 hours on mine this weekend...

Fairly good scratches. Definetley can feel it with my finger nails. It is not all the way through the gelcoat as far as I can see. I was quite suprised by it. Live and learn. It has to go to Fibrewerx this fall for some gelcoat scratch repairs. I will have them fix it then. I also had all 4 racks full of boards and skis this weekend as well. Good times, can't wait until the water warms up. Clap.gif

38 is a shorty is nuts.

Went to cabin at Sylvan Thursday to see the ice covering pretty much the entire lake; Friday started melting with warm temps but no wind to move the ice around so about 1/2 lake thawed; Saturday most of the remaining ice melted by days end and boats started to appear but no brave sould in the water; Sunday no ice left on water some more boat traffic and only a few braved the water; only got to putting in the dock and boat hoist on Monday; water temp was 5 Celcius (41F) at shore and 3C (38F) further out; even with hip waders it was painful; this was as late a melting date at Sylvan as I have seen in a while. Any water in the 60s would be heavenly by my standards.

I am only 40 minutes west of Sylan and the ice has been off for about 2 weeks. I have family in Sylvan and they said the ice piled up really high from the wind last week.

38 is a shorty is nuts.

Went to cabin at Sylvan Thursday to see the ice covering pretty much the entire lake; Friday started melting with warm temps but no wind to move the ice around so about 1/2 lake thawed; Saturday most of the remaining ice melted by days end and boats started to appear but no brave sould in the water; Sunday no ice left on water some more boat traffic and only a few braved the water; only got to putting in the dock and boat hoist on Monday; water temp was 5 Celcius (41F) at shore and 3C (38F) further out; even with hip waders it was painful; this was as late a melting date at Sylvan as I have seen in a while. Any water in the 60s would be heavenly by my standards.