Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan Low Rider Board Racks

WaveMake'nLSV

I know "larrys" has them but am looking for more feedback on the newest Titan Low Rider board racks for 2008. I have pretty much decided that my OEM metcraps are junk. Both refused to stay adjusted, despite my best efforts and are peeling/bubbling like crazy.

So before dropping $600 on a pair of Titan Racks, was looking to see if anyone knows anything about them first hand.

Does the rubber coated forks hold up over time? Is the rack angle variable or fixed? Looks like it is fixed, but have seen the same rack on the low and high bolt and the actual angle (not an optical conclusion ROFL.gif) is different.

http://vgallery.slavick.com/Default.aspx?p....JPG&page=7

Edited by WaveMake'nLSV

Titan has two different angles of forks: straight forks for lower racks and angled for the upper positions. I have had the same lowrider racks going on the 4th season and have held up great. The metcraft racks we had on our 04 had to be replaced twice for chipping chrome and did not function very well. I would not hesistate to put the lowriders on the next boat.

Thanks CB! I guess BuyWake or Wakeside are the places to go for the best deal? $575 shipped for a pair.

Titan has two different angles of forks: straight forks for lower racks and angled for the upper positions. I have had the same lowrider racks going on the 4th season and have held up great. The metcraft racks we had on our 04 had to be replaced twice for chipping chrome and did not function very well. I would not hesistate to put the lowriders on the next boat.

I have had Titan low riders on my RLX and my V-Ride. I have not had any issues with the rubber coated forks on either set. I will say that it helps to put 303 or pledge on the forks to help the boards slide in and out better.

I upgraded from the older style that only has the rubber insert on the rack. I was replacing them every year as they would crack and fall apart.

Edited by T-Squared

Scott,

I have these racks with the spinner option and rubber coated forks and love them. They are very sturdy, do not rattle and look great on the boat. I would definitely recommend them.

Heath

Titan's are definitely the best racks for the Illusion towers IMHO....the low riders are easy to keep clean. I have a pair of spinners and a pair of lift-offs...both are great!

Thanks! Now someone explain what the heck are LIFT OFFS? Does that mean quick release on the rack itself? Dontknow.gif

Why get LIFT OFFS? Just wondering, since it is like $100 option PER RACK. Cry.gif

Titan's are definitely the best racks for the Illusion towers IMHO....the low riders are easy to keep clean. I have a pair of spinners and a pair of lift-offs...both are great!

The lift-off is essentially a quick release mechanism for the rack. albeit a very well engineered one. They're popular with our customers for a number of reasons, but primarily because they offer quick and easy theft prevention, are great if you have a narrow storage location for your boat, and allow you to remove the racks when trailer which saves time cleaning off all of the bugs.

Whether or not that's worth $100/rack is a personal decision, but you can always add the lift-off down the road if you decide it's something you might light to have.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the input! I store my boat in dry storage and clearance isn't an issue, and I never leave the boat unattended...so am guessing the lift offs will be just that...left off. Whistling.gif

Is BuyWake and/or Wakeside the best place to get the Low Riders?

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you've got a good Malibu dealer in your area that would be a great place to purchase them. If not, both Wakeside and BuyWake are good retailers with excellent customer service.