Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

01 wakesetter vlx fuel filter

So iam getting ready to got out tomorrow.I replaced the inline filter by the fuel tank is there another filter somewhere it seems to stumble a little bit when i crack the throttle.

Also What temp does it need to be before a can blip the throttle.Iam only going from idle to about 2500 rpm real quick blip.It seems to stumble a little bit if i go slowly its no problem nice and smooth.

My thought was a dirty filter that i missed somewhere,or its still not warmed up.

Please help me. :)

Adam

Your boat has two fuel filters. The one I think you replaced is the one that had barbs on both ends. The second one is mounted vertically on the right (driver's) side of the motor. It's in the front underneath the ignition coil (IIRC) It has threaded fittings and looks just like this...

post-29-1210988494_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pistol Pete

Alright good to know.I'll have to replace it as well.

Is there a certain temp it has to reach before i can rev the motor,or is the studder probably the fuel filter?

thanks

Adam

That fuel filter is on the high pressure side of the pump, so relieve the pressure in the system otherwise you may get a nice gasoline shower...

A lag could be alot of things, fuel filter and the cap and rotor are a good place to start.

-Chris

That fuel filter is on the high pressure side of the pump, so relieve the pressure in the system otherwise you may get a nice gasoline shower...

A lag could be alot of things, fuel filter and the cap and rotor are a good place to start.

-Chris

I checked the coil wire and it had a some corrosion built up.So I cleaned all the wire/plug ends. Iam hoping the filter and the corrosion clean up will fix the stumble. Thumbup.gif

Thanks again.

Well that must have been it, thanks for the help.Went out and had a flawless first day ,these boats are fantastic Clap.gif Cant wait for next weekend.

Adam

Edited by apwrx