Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 23 LSV Information

SoundBox

I'm starting to get serious about ordering a 08 LSV. I need some knowledge and experience from all of you that own or are familiar with the 08 23 LSV. What options do you have, wish you had or think are no brainers? What dealers in California have you purchased from and are there any + or - feedback. Thanks guys and gals for all of your help.

List of options I am considering:

Hammer Head upgrade

Driver's Seat Heater

Docking Lights (Stainless Steel)

Heater - Three outlet

Heater - Two outlet

Hot water shower

Malibu Launch System (Bow Ballast system)

Transom Underwater Swim Light

Wedge (Power)

STE(Silent Tip Exhaust) by Hydro Power

GL - Sunbrella cover for Illusion XS tower w/swim (full cover)

Bimini Top

Swim Platform - Fiberglass

Carpet Saver

Pull Up Cleats

Colored XS Tower

Extended Warranty

Please mention anything else that I did not list that you would recommend. Pictures would be great if available.

Thanks again!!

Also... What trailer set up are you running? I have a semi steep driveway to back into so I want to eliminate dragging if possible with a different trailer. I plan on adding casters to the prop guard but I see those as just a back up option for extreme situations and I would rather not need them to get in the driveway.

I'm starting to get serious about ordering a 08 LSV. I need some knowledge and experience from all of you that own or are familiar with the 08 23 LSV. What options do you have, wish you had or think are no brainers? What dealers in California have you purchased from and are there any + or - feedback. Thanks guys and gals for all of your help.

List of options I am considering:

Hammer Head upgrade

Driver's Seat Heater

Docking Lights (Stainless Steel)

Heater - Three outlet

Heater - Two outlet

Hot water shower

Malibu Launch System (Bow Ballast system)

Transom Underwater Swim Light

Wedge (Power)

STE(Silent Tip Exhaust) by Hydro Power

GL - Sunbrella cover for Illusion XS tower w/swim (full cover)

Bimini Top

Swim Platform - Fiberglass

Carpet Saver

Pull Up Cleats

Colored XS Tower

Extended Warranty

Please mention anything else that I did not list that you would recommend. Pictures would be great if available.

Thanks again!!

Don't have an LSV, but familiar with option list.

Docking Lights - People that have them have said skip em, and go with tower lights.

Cover- aftermarket from Evolution Covers or Rankin will save $$$

Bimini - Aftermarket from TowerBimini.com (also carried by OnlyInboards) save $$$

Dual Batteries (I have a feeling you are already planning this one)

Stereo- Please post up pics when you are done, might want to skip the factory head unit altogether.

Tower Lights

Trailer options - spare, casters, swing away tongue (even if you don't need it, great for resale)

Billet glove box door

It is an exciting time, what colors are you thinking?

What does the Extended Warrantee cover and how much does it cost?

Has anyone actually purchased it and found it to be a good investment?

Transfer fees must all be charged like the new boat warrantee.

Thanks

Dave

Having just moved from a 99 Sunsetter LxI to the 08 LSV, the one thing I've noticed is the LxI seems to have more usable storage space than the LSV. I typically carry 3 wakeboards, with bindings, in the trunk of the LxI. It's a stuggle to get even one wakeboard in the side engine storage compartments of the LSV. It's a length problem. (I'm riding a 137 cm board) To get a board to fit, you have to angle it down and shove the tip under the upholestered area at the front of the storage locker. After you get the first one in, there isn't enough room to manipulate and get a second board in. If storage is going to be an issue for you, I'd take a look at the storage. You definitely will want to add board racks to the option list.

I'm curious, where are you other LSV owner's storing your gear?

I'm still doing the break in, but other than the above, the boat has been great.

Happy hunting!

Having just moved from a 99 Sunsetter LxI to the 08 LSV, the one thing I've noticed is the LxI seems to have more usable storage space than the LSV. I typically carry 3 wakeboards, with bindings, in the trunk of the LxI. It's a stuggle to get even one wakeboard in the side engine storage compartments of the LSV. It's a length problem. (I'm riding a 137 cm board) To get a board to fit, you have to angle it down and shove the tip under the upholestered area at the front of the storage locker. After you get the first one in, there isn't enough room to manipulate and get a second board in. If storage is going to be an issue for you, I'd take a look at the storage. You definitely will want to add board racks to the option list.

I'm curious, where are you other LSV owner's storing your gear?

I'm still doing the break in, but other than the above, the boat has been great.

Happy hunting!yes go with the duel batteys and the blue seas isolator. and the flush pro . i dont guess you can get the 450 horse in calf.

So far things I would change:

Storage is bad - lockers at the rear are cut to small for ski, wake board and surf boards.

Stereo on the new boats are not user friendly.

The XS tower will not fit under an 8' door, get the X.

Order after market bimini, the longer one.

Exterme trailers are high priced - I went with the DHM saved $1200.00+

Skip the docking lights go with tower mounted lights.

So far the boat it self is an assume all around boat, it skis great for a 23' wake boat and boards and surf even better, they could do a little better on some of the finer things. The dash would be one, get rid of the plastic and add billet.

Oh one more thing the ice chest under the seat will not hold a long neck beer bottle standing up, the seat hits it. I no it not much but for the money, hey.

Do not waste your money on the HH motor, I drove both and if you do not plan on using it at high elevations where you need the HP save the money and spend it on gas. The 340 HP performs great.

Edited by kent342

Order boat without stereo ! a mistake I will never repeat. Investigate colors! When you build one on the website it looks to me that the int colors are a bit darker on the site than real life.

IMO... Put your wakeboards on a rack. Put your ski on the long storage area on the port side of the boat. I would rather have more cockpit space than rear storage space. Storage is one thing I have never had a problem with. Even on my current VLX.

The XS tower is suppose to go lower than the X. If you remove the crossover bar. They designed it to be removable. Aftermarket bimini or get the bimini extension if you want more coverage. After using it this season, I would personally skip the factory head unit! Since I got the WS-420 the iPod plugs directly into it now. Works much better. Perfect Pass is not needed since the Precision Speed Control is standard and integrated into the electronics of the engine. I have the billet glove box door now and would not do it again. It is to heavy... When it is open, the knob leaves impressions in the vinyl. And, it is a pain to keep clean.

IMO... Put your wakeboards on a rack. Put your ski on the long storage area on the port side of the boat. I would rather have more cockpit space than rear storage space. Storage is one thing I have never had a problem with. Even on my current VLX.

The XS tower is suppose to go lower than the X. If you remove the crossover bar. They designed it to be removable. Aftermarket bimini or get the bimini extension if you want more coverage. After using it this season, I would personally skip the factory head unit! Since I got the WS-420 the iPod plugs directly into it now. Works much better. Perfect Pass is not needed since the Precision Speed Control is standard and integrated into the electronics of the engine. I have the billet glove box door now and would not do it again. It is to heavy... When it is open, the knob leaves impressions in the vinyl. And, it is a pain to keep clean.

I don't mind cleaning it, just goes along w/ having a 3yo on board...lol I do wish they would have added a strut system or achain at least to stop the knob from hitting the vinyl...

After looking at SBT, DHM trailers and now having an Extreme it's worth every penny. The craftmanship is top notch and in fact the trailer being low profile drags less than my SBT did.

Tramson LED's not my thing but I could understand the need given your business.

Docking light while I have them and they are great when loading up the boat on the trailer at night but other than that tower lights would be more useful.

Get the factory cover that thing rocks!

I don't think the billet door is even an option with the new dash design of the 23.

It's not listed on the options list.

Thank you everyone who had left comments and suggestions so far. I think most of you are on the same page as me but I just wanted to get some feedback. It is an exciting time but since the dealer is making a better deal if I order one I might as well get it EXACTLY how I want it.

The factory stereo I already know is not worth getting. I'll come up with a retrofit solution. Give me a couple months to play with some ideas that I already started and I will post it up. First dibs and discounts will go to the Malibu Crew. I'll be sure to post my in progress on the audio.

The two major things that I am concerned with are the trailer and the motor.

I am having another driveway poured next month and it had to be a little steeper than I wanted to get into the backyard. I know every inboard trailer is going to drag once in its life but I don't want it to be every time I put it away leaving marks in new concrete. Extreme, DHM, Dorsey, Ryan..... any others I am missing? What trailer do you feel would be the best quality while also being able to have a high approach angle while backing? Any pictures of add-on casters that are somewhat concrete safe?

I am torn between the 340 and HH motors. Most say go with the HH if I plan to have a big crew or sack it at all. I don't see myself doing this every weekend but I also don't want to be held back by the motor on the trips that I do have 12 people or an extra 1000lbs of sacs. From what I have seen the HH has a better resale (coincidence?).

I'm have always been paranoid of water spots or scratches showing easy on dark bottom boats. Anyone have any feedback on this? I am a little more mellow on colors so I was thinking primary color of white with gray, red or blue.

The dealer is trying to work out a killer deal for me and I hope to start the order in the next couple weeks.

Thanks again for all the great information. Keep it coming!

I am having another driveway poured next month and it had to be a little steeper than I wanted to get into the backyard. I know every.crete. Extreme, DHM, Dorsey, Ryan..... any others I am missing? What trailer do you feel would be the best quality while also being able to have a high approach angle while backing? Any pictures of add-on casters that are somewhat concrete safe?

How steep are we talking? I would think most of the brands will be all pretty low. The higher up the boat is, the more difficult it will be to launch since you'd have to go into the water further. I would also bet most of them will customize your trailer for you. But that will cost you in launching and trailering. Here is are some ideas...

Raise boat on trailer=more clearance, but other problems ensue

Drop tongue/lower hitch (only for backing in) = back of trailer higher off ground

Custom trailer with air shocks - raise whole thing up to back in

Custom rollers/casters that are designed to be used alot and not bend the trailer supports or mess up your driveway

I would go with the last one, check with the trailer maker, explain the problem, and see if they can do something one step above their normal caster setup. Good luck!

My issue is that I live at the end of a court and the center of the court is high so it exagerates the approach angle. I would say the angle of the driveway is only about 10-15 degrees but when you factor in the angle from the sidewalk to the rear tires of the truck when the trailer is about the go up the driveway (30-32 feet) its more like 20-25 degrees. So what I need is a trailer that has a high approach angle from the back of the rear trailer tire to the underside of the prop guard. Can anyone confirm the angle of thier trailer?

Edited by SoundBox

My driveway is probably close to 20 degrees, and there is no chance of getting my 06 LSV up. I can get it on the pad at an angle, but as soon as I straiten the tongue out, it is in the asphalt.

BTW - I drove the 340 and the 400 back to back, and would not think of getting the 340. So now you have opposite opinions. You are correct, HH are more valuable on resale, and probably more quick to sell, but you paid for it up front, so it kind of evens out. Neither are exactly stingy at the fuel pump.

My dealer talked me out of the flush kit. Wish I had one. ALso wish I had the swim lights.

I like the 3 outlet heater, and will add a shower at some point.

Thank you everyone who had left comments and suggestions so far. I think most of you are on the same page as me but I just wanted to get some feedback. It is an exciting time but since the dealer is making a better deal if I order one I might as well get it EXACTLY how I want it.

The factory stereo I already know is not worth getting. I'll come up with a retrofit solution. Give me a couple months to play with some ideas that I already started and I will post it up. First dibs and discounts will go to the Malibu Crew. I'll be sure to post my in progress on the audio.

I am having another driveway poured next month and it had to be a little steeper than I wanted to get into the backyard. I know every inboard trailer is going to drag once in its life but I don't want it to be every time I put it away leaving marks in new concrete. Extreme, DHM, Dorsey, Ryan..... any others I am missing? What trailer do you feel would be the best quality while also being able to have a high approach angle while backing? Any pictures of add-on casters that are somewhat concrete safe?

I am torn between the 340 and HH motors. Most say go with the HH if I plan to have a big crew or sack it at all. I don't see myself doing this every weekend but I also don't want to be held back by the motor on the trips that I do have 12 people or an extra 1000lbs of sacs. From what I have seen the HH has a better resale (coincidence?).

I'm have always been paranoid of water spots or scratches showing easy on dark bottom boats. Anyone have any feedback on this? I am a little more mellow on colors so I was thinking primary color of white with gray, red or blue.

The dealer is trying to work out a killer deal for me and I hope to start the order in the next couple weeks.

Thanks again for all the great information. Keep it coming!

What dealer are you working with?

KSilva - I'm working with Ultimate at the moment but everyone keeps telling me to go talk to Boat Country.

I think I would rather have a bit more power than not enough so I think that the HH is what I want to end up with unless there are any negative about it other than more gas. Is there a difference in grade fuel needed for the 340 vs HH?

Ilovetrains- What is the advantage of the flush kit? What type of trailer do you have? Any pics?

I need to get an angle meter to my driveway and out to a dealer to check. I hope I'm not having 30 yards of concrete poured for nothing!

KSilva - I'm working with Ultimate at the moment but everyone keeps telling me to go talk to Boat Country.

I think I would rather have a bit more power than not enough so I think that the HH is what I want to end up with unless there are any negative about it other than more gas. Is there a difference in grade fuel needed for the 340 vs HH?

Ilovetrains- What is the advantage of the flush kit? What type of trailer do you have? Any pics?

I need to get an angle meter to my driveway and out to a dealer to check. I hope I'm not having 30 yards of concrete poured for nothing!

Yea, I haven't herd anything good about Ultimate, only bad.... Call Brent, he is the sale's manager at Boat Country in Escalon... Cool guy, tell him I sent you... He's trying to get me into an a Malibu... I am just doing my homework...

I'll give them a call. Thanks for the input from everyone. Hopefuly I can be on the water with you guys if I can find the boat for a decent $$.

I recently purchased a 2008 Sunscape 23 LSV.

It was right off the lot, so I didn't have my choice of options, but think it is outfitted pretty well.

Center ballast tank

Power Wedge

XS tower

Dual batteries

Docking Lights

Pop-up Cleats

Monsoon 340

Stereo with extra amp for tower

Larger bimini top

Cover

Extreme trailer

Edited by WhoaNellie

Yea, I haven't herd anything good about Ultimate, only bad.... Call Brent, he is the sale's manager at Boat Country in Escalon... Cool guy, tell him I sent you... He's trying to get me into an a Malibu... I am just doing my homework...

I haven't had one problem with them. And I have bought 4 boats! Talk to Kenny in Rancho he will get you setup.

DHM has come along way in their design; however, I don’t like the removable tongue vs. the swing tongue of the Extreme. I’ve never towed a DHM trailer but I can tell you that it’s doubtful I’d own another trailer than Extreme. I prefer the paddle guides to the pole style from the DHM. Quality wise the DHM looked good but give the Extreme the nod.