Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First outing of the season today.

Bobby Light

Well got out on the water for the first time this season, air 75 (at least) I got roasted and I had spf 30 on, water was 62-65. Had the drysuit with shorts and lifejacket and that was it. Never got to chilly. What a great day, the boat performed flawlessly as usuall. You know how it is the first time out in the season, just waiting for something to break. It was all good. I will tell you I have a serious list from the 5 batteries on the passenger side now, at least it's on the surf side Thumbup.gif . All the hard work on the stereo really paid off it sounds really good Rockon.gif .

Be back out there tomorrow, the next day, and the next day for a little Surfing.gif .

Well got out on the water for the first time this season, air 75 (at least) I got roasted and I had spf 30 on, water was 62-65. Had the drysuit with shorts and lifejacket and that was it. Never got to chilly. What a great day, the boat performed flawlessly as usuall. You know how it is the first time out in the season, just waiting for something to break. It was all good. I will tell you I have a serious list from the 5 batteries on the passenger side now, at least it's on the surf side Thumbup.gif . All the hard work on the stereo really paid off it sounds really good Rockon.gif .

Be back out there tomorrow, the next day, and the next day for a little Surfing.gif .

See ya out there on Saturday & Sunday.

I feel for my NW bretheren....We've been hitting it since February, of course we have little water... :( Should be a great weekend up there.

Are you Crazy.gif , I was cranking the heater in Feb. much less out on the water.

Good to hear, we are going out this sat. for the first time also Yahoo.gif

Just not in our boat......

Edited by 68Slalom
I feel for my NW bretheren....We've been hitting it since February, of course we have little water... :( Should be a great weekend up there.

Are you Crazy.gif , I was cranking the heater in Feb. much less out on the water.

Nope it was sunny 65 degree air and 45 degree water, yes the heater was on as well as the drysuits. Thumbup.gif Stop being so whimpy you're missing the best water! :)

air 75 (at least) I got roasted and I had spf 30 on, water was 62-65. Had the drysuit with shorts and lifejacket and that was it.

Let me get this straight... combined temp of around 140 degrees w/ a water temp well over 60 and you're in a dry suit???

You originally from Florida? :)

air 75 (at least) I got roasted and I had spf 30 on, water was 62-65. Had the drysuit with shorts and lifejacket and that was it.

Let me get this straight... combined temp of around 140 degrees w/ a water temp well over 60 and you're in a dry suit???

Agreed. Time to drop the drysuit and put on the neoprene shirt, if that with the water temp up to 65!

Agreed. Time to drop the drysuit and put on the neoprene shirt, if that with the water temp up to 65!

I wore just shorts and a life vest under my drysuit yesterday probably do the same today.

I have never seen this stretch of the river running so fast at this time of year! It has raised 1-2 feet in the last 1.5 weeks and is really cold cause they are dumping Detroit to prepare for all the melting snow.

Getting ready to head back out here in about 30 minutes, but had to do something I haven't done in years...ask permission to use the boat :lol: With the old boat I never had to ask if I could use, just had to make sure that they weren't using it on the same day(s). I would just call up my parents and say, "Hey you guys using the boat next weekend cause I was to take it camping..."

I called up some friends today to go out on the boat today without thinking, then it hit me...since this boat is new I better ask first :Doh: I called up my dad and asked if I could take it out. His response was, "Sure...have fun and be careful" Guess things are going to stay the same for the most part Clap.gifThumbup.gif

I wore just shorts and a life vest under my drysuit yesterday probably do the same today.

I have never seen this stretch of the river running so fast at this time of year! It has raised 1-2 feet in the last 1.5 weeks and is really cold cause they are dumping Detroit to prepare for all the melting snow.

Getting ready to head back out here in about 30 minutes, but had to do something I haven't done in years...ask permission to use the boat :lol: With the old boat I never had to ask if I could use, just had to make sure that they weren't using it on the same day(s). I would just call up my parents and say, "Hey you guys using the boat next weekend cause I was to take it camping..."

I called up some friends today to go out on the boat today without thinking, then it hit me...since this boat is new I better ask first :Doh: I called up my dad and asked if I could take it out. His response was, "Sure...have fun and be careful" Guess things are going to stay the same for the most part Clap.gifThumbup.gif

The river is up for sure with a lot more debris than there has been. I had to be much more vigilant when driving.

Nope it was sunny 65 degree air and 45 degree water, yes the heater was on as well as the drysuits. Thumbup.gif Stop being so whimpy you're missing the best water! :)

It was awesome, not a single boat on the water, with the exception of the fishermen that kind of looked at us funny. Water levels are low enjoy them why you can.

It was awesome, not a single boat on the water, with the exception of the fishermen that kind of looked at us funny. Water levels are low enjoy them why you can.

Was that the time the fisherman got soaked from the wake across the the lake? :)

Nope it was sunny 65 degree air and 45 degree water, yes the heater was on as well as the drysuits. Thumbup.gifStop being so whimpy you're missing the best water! :)

I remember only seeing you out at 7am at Oroville, I just don't have the b*lls at those temps. literally. The last time we were out was mid Oct. and even with a dry suit on I couldn't get anyone out the next weekend.

I may have to tag along and see how tough I can really be, but I would have to see proof for myself first :)

Houseboat/boating season ofiicially starts in 3 hours. Thumbup.gif

You could not be more accurate Thumbup.gif This weather is killing me!!!

Edited by 68Slalom
Houseboat/boating season ofiicially starts in 3 hours. Thumbup.gif

You could not be more accurate Thumbup.gif This weather is killing me!!!

Its 101 degrees in Merced right now.

Correction the water temp was 55, my bad. Come up here and get some of this bathwater superhero... Batman.gif

91 here right now. Normally only 75. I do believe I'll take the family out for a cruise this evening.

I hear you guys are going to hit 100 today. We're hoping for 90 up here. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a session in in just shorts and life jacket. Water temp should be low to mid 50's, but you're only in it for a second or two.

The river is up for sure with a lot more debris than there has been. I had to be much more vigilant when driving.

Going back to the thread about helmets - touche -the thought of crashing my head into that stuff after a failed spin manouver scares me.

This was a full tree!!!

Thats why i'll be sticking to the lakes for awhile.

The lakes are not any better here, went to Bullards and it was a mine field. So much crap in the water, including a stump with roots about 3' long. All in all a good day with no damage to the boat or myself.