Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

So who's messin with the thermostat????

Helinut

It was a little cloudy in the AM yesterday, but it cleared off quick and stayed right around 100* Clap.gif

Got out again this AM after installing Fly High 750's and ripping out the hard tanks...then we went Surfing.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• jetskipro550

• MalibuNation

• Sixball

Was a beautiful day on the water Saturday. About 95 degrees. We have a small part of the river call the mud hole. Water temp in there was 74, nice and warm. Only bad thing is you can only run one boat at a time and we had 3 others in there with us. Took 6 hours for 8 runs. But it was a helluva lot better than the main river. Temp was 58 and about every boat from 3 counties was in the water! Rough and crowded.

Now I just need to learn to listen to the wife and use sunscreen! Ouch!!!!

Was a beautiful day on the water Saturday. About 95 degrees. We have a small part of the river call the mud hole. Water temp in there was 74, nice and warm. Only bad thing is you can only run one boat at a time and we had 3 others in there with us. Took 6 hours for 8 runs. But it was a helluva lot better than the main river. Temp was 58 and about every boat from 3 counties was in the water! Rough and crowded.

Sunscreen is for the weak. I like the healthy red glow that can be seen from a mile away.

I have the technology to deal with the cold but we have not had a day the wind hasn't been howling. It has been heavy winds six out of seven days. I have at best 50% of the runs by this time last year. Cry.gif

MalibuNation

Sunscreen is for the weak. I like the healthy red glow that can be seen from a mile away.

I get so red people think I work at one of the 2 area nuclear power plants ... guess I better be careful.

Edited by MalibuNation

What a great weekend. Many thanks to Malibudude & Maligirl for the day on Oroville in the the Black Beauty. Water temps of 70+ & air of 90+....incredible for this Oregon girl this time of year. It turned into a mini-WOW, as woody/crazylady, vlxjeff/vlxchris, & SacRiverRat/shannoook all showed up. It was a great present to see everyone. Clap.gif

Six Flags was amazing. Originally we had planned on going Friday, but the oldest boy came up not feeling well on the drive down (growing pains, I think). So we decided to go Sunday instead, which turned out to be the best decision of the weekend. The whole area was hot (100+ in many places) on Friday, but Sunday was beautiful in Vallejo. It was maybe low 80's with a really nice breeze off of the bay (anyone that's been to that part of the country on a day like that understands why so many people live there). Also, apparently on Friday there were a whole bunch of schools there for some big event, while on Sunday the crowds were fine, the only time that they had to wait was when they wanted on the front row of Medusa. Biggrin.gif I was so proud of my youngest son, he went on all of the big coasters & loved it - twice on Medusa (the biggest baddest there). When we go back, we'll plan for 2 days since I think that you'd need it if you want to see all of it including all of the animals.

All in all a fantastic weekend. Thanks again to the J-Crew. :thankyou:

Got out for a couple of runs this morning. Water 54 air 52. It is almost as cold as when we started April 15. This has been a bad spring in Mich.

And we are back to normal Cry.gif Woke up to the rain pouring down, drove in rain the whole way to work, then got to walk in it some more...yep were back to normal May weather Crazy.gif

What a great weekend. Many thanks to Malibudude & Maligirl for the day on Oroville in the the Black Beauty. Water temps of 70+ & air of 90+....incredible for this Oregon girl this time of year. It turned into a mini-WOW, as woody/crazylady, vlxjeff/vlxchris, & SacRiverRat/shannoook all showed up. It was a great present to see everyone. Clap.gif

Six Flags was amazing. Originally we had planned on going Friday, but the oldest boy came up not feeling well on the drive down (growing pains, I think). So we decided to go Sunday instead, which turned out to be the best decision of the weekend. The whole area was hot (100+ in many places) on Friday, but Sunday was beautiful in Vallejo. It was maybe low 80's with a really nice breeze off of the bay (anyone that's been to that part of the country on a day like that understands why so many people live there). Also, apparently on Friday there were a whole bunch of schools there for some big event, while on Sunday the crowds were fine, the only time that they had to wait was when they wanted on the front row of Medusa. Biggrin.gif I was so proud of my youngest son, he went on all of the big coasters & loved it - twice on Medusa (the biggest baddest there). When we go back, we'll plan for 2 days since I think that you'd need it if you want to see all of it including all of the animals.

Anytime glad we were able to get out! Thumbup.gif VLX rocks for surfin', I'm looking to do some more this weekend. We rolled in about 11:30 and closed the Fosters Freeze up at the lake. :) The black beauty is cleaned and once again waxed for the weekend!

Friend of mine said he can't remember the last time he had a heater top on for Memorial Day weekend. We have had a lot of rain and temps about 10 degrees cooler than normal, but the worse thing has been the total lack of sun.

Looks like we will be near 80 for the holiday weekend. Yahoo.gif

I'm glad because we will be at the Indy 500 on Sunday and the weather looks perfect.

Sorry we didn't visit more. But SOMEONE (M-Dude) didn't bother to tell us you were coming and we had so much work going on in the houseboat. I feel bad that we didn't get to hang with you more.

Glad you had a good time though.

So who messed with the thermostat again??? Last weekend was 102 - 105, and this weekend will be cool and cloudy. In the 60's to low 70's.

So who messed with the thermostat again??? Last weekend was 102 - 105, and this weekend will be cool and cloudy. In the 60's to low 70's.

When we find out, can we beat them up :) . At least the winds have died down a bit, that helps with the fires up in the Santa Cruz Valley :unsure:

When we find out, can we beat them up :) . At least the winds have died down a bit, that helps with the fires up in the Santa Cruz Valley :unsure:

Yeah, I'm glad the wind is gone. I really dislike the wind. Ranting.gif

We had 95 degree weather last weekend and now we're in the 50's and 60's. The hot weather pushed the rivers here to near-flood levels and the large amounts of runoff are flowing through town. You wouldn't believe the amount of debris in the water. I drove by yesterday and could see about 8 full size trees in about a quarter mile stretch of the river. Hopefully it will flush through quickly and we'll be out soon!

Sorry we didn't visit more. But SOMEONE (M-Dude) didn't bother to tell us you were coming and we had so much work going on in the houseboat. I feel bad that we didn't get to hang with you more.

Glad you had a good time though.

We'll see you guys again soon. It was a whirlwind tour of NorCal, that's for sure. I thought that the gas card was going to burst into flames by the end of the trip. :lol:

Try low 40's & raining hard. Someone last weekend said that the NW is caught in a mini La Nina, & if that's true then this summer's weather is going to make last year look good by comparison (& it wasn't). I'd say that this sucks, but I had no plans to participate in the Idiot Fest on the lakes this weekend. Hopefully it will get better when we're ready to go.

Monday it was 108 in Mesa, AZ. Yesterday it was 54 raining at about 4pm

Cheers.gifCheers.gifCheers.gif Lov'n it!!! Hopefully it will keep the "I wanna get drunk and drive fast around the lake" type people away this weekend.

Even if the weather was nice, the river is running so high I don't think we would even get out Cry.gif This weather is pretty crappy, but it's also on par with this time of year.

...I had no plans to participate in the Idiot Fest on the lakes this weekend.

Whistling.gif Like the one at McClure? Whistling.gif

ROFL.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu

Well weather wise it's been raining off and on since we got here yesterday afternoon. Badmood.gif

As for an idiot fest, well it would have been a lot more fun to watch the fools on the launch ramp, if I wasn't stuck in line waiting for them to trailer or launch their boats. My blood pressure went up a few points, that's for sure. Ranting.gif

I made the mistake of not coming up on Thursday, like I normally do. I won't make that mistake again.

As for an idiot fest, well it would have been a lot more fun to watch the fools on the launch ramp, if I wasn't stuck in line waiting for them to trailer or launch their boats. My blood pressure went up a few points, that's for sure. Ranting.gif

Yet another reason to not venture out on holiday week-ends. Between the cold weather and high gas prices I'm hoping our home lake will be fairly empty and I can get some runs in here. Thumbup.gif Rained off and on all night here and that is supposed to continue until Monday. :(