Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ship Shape TV

Has anyone else watched this show? http://www.shipshapetv.com/

I started recording the show on bay area channel 68. Although a lot of the episodes are related to maintenance & repair of boats they own- ie fishing charter boat, runabouts, etc... they cover fiberglass/gelcoat repair, thru hulls, new polishes/cleaners and I just watched a show on torsion axle trailers. Thought it was pretty interesting since I had no idea how they worked.

Has anyone else watched this show? http://www.shipshapetv.com/

I started recording the show on bay area channel 68. Although a lot of the episodes are related to maintenance & repair of boats they own- ie fishing charter boat, runabouts, etc... they cover fiberglass/gelcoat repair, thru hulls, new polishes/cleaners and I just watched a show on torsion axle trailers. Thought it was pretty interesting since I had no idea how they worked.

Cool dude! I had no idea that show existed. I just set my DVR to record all the upcoming shows. Thanks!!

I love this show!!!

I DVR this one almost as much as Everyday Italian, as well as another one called Pleasure Boater... Ship Shape is better though.

I wish Pull would get some new episodes.

I love the show also. He does a lot of great how-to type programs that run the gambit from simple oil changes to complete rebuilds from the hull up. John Greviskis (the host and founder of the show) also did two seasons of shows for the DIY network a few years ago that were excellent (they were titled "Shipshape Boating"). They still pop up on DIY now and then. There was one on how to properly launch and recover at the ramp without holding everyone else up that I wish many people around here would watch.

I used to watch it when it was on DIY & have caught a few of them since they changed network. I've really enjoyed most of the ones I've seen.

I love the show. I watch it every week and have saved all the episodes since April (along with Deadliest Catch). I think they are asking for viewers to submit questions and show ideas. A bunch of us should pool together and ask that they do a few episodes on tow boats/inboards. That would be fantastic.

Was the show that aired on DIY the same as Shipshape TV or was it a little different?

The DIY show was very similar.

From the shows I've seen, he seems to specialize in more of a salt water environment (bays or intra-coastal waterway boats), so not all of the show recommendations are accurate for us fresh water lake dwellers. Most of the info does seem to be pretty good and does transfer well to our boats.

PS - After looking at the times it airs, I can see why I don't catch it often. We're typically out of the house running weekend errands around our toddler's sleep schedule. I will set my DVR to record it from now on.

I love the show. I watch it every week and have saved all the episodes since April (along with Deadliest Catch). I think they are asking for viewers to submit questions and show ideas. A bunch of us should pool together and ask that they do a few episodes on tow boats/inboards. That would be fantastic.

Was the show that aired on DIY the same as Shipshape TV or was it a little different?

I've thought the same thing as he hasn't really done anything with a small inboard boat vs. the large offshore fishing type inboards. He did do a watersports episode on the DIY series but it is probably a little dated by now.

weinrdog is correct about the difference between the shows. To me, Shipshape Boating (the DIY version) was more basic and the projects were geared for less experienced boaters and DIY'ers.