Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Garage Height - 98 VLX

Mechmaster

I'm in the process of purchasing a new house. I need to know if I have a hope in hell of fitting a '98 Sunsetter VLX with a Titan Series III tower on a DHM tandem trailer in a 7' high garage door.

I saw here: http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....l=garage+height that it's probably a no-go (without taking everything apart) for the 05-up VLX.

Malibudude fits a '00 SS LXi/Titan II in a 7' garage with 'millimeters to spare':

SS LXi in 7' Garage (I know the SS LXi is close to the size of my VLX).

So to any V-Ride/I-Ride/Pre 05 VLX/95-03 Sunsetter owners with a Titan tower (I, II or III): can you fit your boat in a 7' garage? Thanks.

I think you'll be able to make it fit, but it may require some work (lowering the trailer tongue, folding the front wishbone forward instead of back, etc.).

Be sure to PM me or post on this thread when you have a chance to measure your boat so other's can make use of that information.

I'm in the process of purchasing a new house. I need to know if I have a hope in hell of fitting a '98 Sunsetter VLX with a Titan Series III tower on a DHM tandem trailer in a 7' high garage door.

I saw here: <a href="http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13131&hl=garage+height" target="_blank">http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....l=garage+height</a> that it's probably a no-go (without taking everything apart) for the 05-up VLX.

Malibudude fits a '00 SS LXi/Titan II in a 7' garage with 'millimeters to spare':

SS LXi in 7' Garage (I know the SS LXi is close to the size of my VLX).

So to any V-Ride/I-Ride/Pre 05 VLX/95-03 Sunsetter owners with a Titan tower (I, II or III): can you fit your boat in a 7' garage? Thanks.

My door is just under 7'. My 2001 VLX with a skylon tuna tower squezes in with the board rack just brushing the garage door weather strip. One thing that you can do for a couple inches of clearance is a drop hitch when you pull it out then you can swap out to hitch that levels your boat out for towing. I noticed that when I raise the tongue up or lower it down it makes quite a bit of difference (inches) in the height of the highest point on the boat (board rack) to the ground. Hope this helps however if I were to buy a house again it would have 8' doors though.

If a Tuna tower fits then a Series III should be no problem. I'm pretty sure the Titan will be at least a couple of inches lower when collapsed.

To close this topic for anyone in a similar situation:

My '98 SS VLX on a DHM tandem and a Titan III tower is 6' - 10" folded with the trailer level.

Looks like I can just squeeze in a 7' door opening.