Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Boatmate trailer question

2thdoc01

What are the standard tires and rims on the 08 tandem axle boatmate trailers?

Is there a place other than the side of the trailer to put the spare?

Thanks!

Are you looking for the size of the wheel/tire combo that comes standard, or the exact models of each?

A spare tire carrier is not standard on BoatMate trailers, but the cost on the option is negligible, and if you order it with the trailer, will be welded on and painted to match.

I could not find a matching rim anywhere. I called Boatmate and they told me they were custom made for them. You can purchase a rim and tire from them for around $180 +shipping.

I was wondering what rim they came with for 08 and what tire. Dont see any info on the site...some of the ones I have seen are fugly.

Also, Id like for the spare to be under the trailer if possible....

I was pretty sure that when BoatMate started having their own "5 Star" wheel made that they stopped offering other choices (with the exception of 18 and 20 inch custom wheels).

Under the carriage spare tire mount is not an option from BoatMate. If you really want that you'll need to have a shop custom fabricate one, weld it on, and paint to match.

Currently Boatmate is still using a vendor supplied wheel, ie - not a private label - since the company could not ensure production capacity to meet the demand. With luck that will all work out for 2009.

If you call Boatmate, or hopefully a Malibu dealer too, you can order a wheel and tire to match.

Peter