Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bad Experience

jenk2board

I shrink wrapped my pontoon from 96 to 02 no problems in 02 I was building my house so took it to the local marina to shrink wrap and store. Brought the boat home sumer of 03 and the seats had been chewed up from some critter. The marina would not cover or help with anything. I was a little PISSED! Mad.gif

Everytime I hear these horror stories about peoples poor service with thier dealer, I think how lucky we are in Seattle to have a great dealer like Bakes.

I wish you the best of luck, and truly hope everything works out for you.

I do most of my maintenance myself but needed some other work done before the season. I took it down to the dealer yesterday, came home last night and read about your ordeal. Unfortunately, it is the same dealer you are using and I spent the day worrying about my baby (I called them twice to remind them that my boat is still winterized and to check on their progress). I wish you the best and will be watching closely to see how this plays out. Ironically, they were awarded the Malibu dealership because the previous dealer was less than average at customer service (among other things).

Everytime I hear these horror stories about peoples poor service with thier dealer, I think how lucky we are in Seattle to have a great dealer like Bakes.

Plus1.gif I agree we are very lucky. maybe other dealers should take lessons from bakes..lol

Plus1.gif I agree we are very lucky. maybe other dealers should take lessons from bakes..lol

Im new to this site but I agree that a good dealer is worth a lot. Bakes sold me a new boat in 05 and will sell me a new one in the future.

Had a buddy who dropped his boat off at his Monterey dealer(who is also a Formula dealer) and someone unbolted his Samson tower and walked off with it.

Dealer refused to make it right.. Amazing.

The racoons were not in the boat when we took it down there. We took it down two days after the accident and we looked over the boat with the dealer. The boat has been at the dealership since March 21 and they just sprayed it for the first time on Monday, which is at a different shop, not at the dealership. There was other repair work that need to be done (new prop and a new shaft.) I don't have a clue how the racoons could have got into the engine compartement without the compartment being opened. I am worried about the seats, but they did not say there was any damage to the seats. It is their first year as the Malibu dealer and they say it will be ready for us to pick up on Friday, so we will see what happens. If it is not done, or does not look the same as it did when taken in, then further actions will be taken. I'm not even sure when the racoon incident happen. He just said on the phone on Monday, "Now you heard about the racoons right?" Of course I had not.

The new dealer for Utah is leaps and bounds better then what we used to have to put up with. I am sure they will make it right. I do feel your frustrations on the slowness of the service dept. but I am sure they are still learning the new procedures with Malibu and warranty issues. Sounds like they need to get some pest control for all the fields around them.

Ok so we finally got our boat back. We went there on Friday to inspect the work and make sure everything looked and smelled ok. They did replace the carpet at no charge where the racoons had made (2) nests, one up by the battery storage and one in the side storage by the engine. We could not even tell the carpet was replaced and there was no fowl odor. Also, while there, one of our batteries went dead. The dealership replaced it at no charge. They also transferred our warranty for free as well. We took the boat out on Saturday and everything looked and worked great. What seemed to start as a horror story actually ended pretty well. Thank you Taylor and Brett for keeping us happy customers and taking care of us. :)

Ok so we finally got our boat back. We went there on Friday to inspect the work and make sure everything looked and smelled ok. They did replace the carpet at no charge where the racoons had made (2) nests, one up by the battery storage and one in the side storage by the engine. We could not even tell the carpet was replaced and there was no fowl odor. Also, while there, one of our batteries went dead. The dealership replaced it at no charge. They also transferred our warranty for free as well. We took the boat out on Saturday and everything looked and worked great. What seemed to start as a horror story actually ended pretty well. Thank you Taylor and Brett for keeping us happy customers and taking care of us. :)

Glad to hear this. Sounds like your dealer stepped up and did the right thing.

I got my boat back today from the same dealer. I didn't have the same experience (at its lowest point or its highest) that you did but I won't be going back. I would rather not comment on the specifics. But I will say that the service was less than satisfactory and definitely not representative of the Malibu product. When I raised my concerns I was given a bunch of customer service rhetoric but no real action. Funny thing is that when I dropped off my boat I was very interested in one they had in the showroom - not anymore. Good thing Boise and Las Vegas are close to my boating vacation spots.

When we took the boat out last Saturday (first trip after repairs), we noticed that the pieces that connect the bimini to the tower on the back were misisng. We thought maybe we lost them while traveling but didn't see how that could be. Well on our way to our vacation this weekend, we stopped by the dealer to pick some up, telling them that we were not sure what happened to them. They told us that their cost was $130 each. They gave both of them to us for free.

Thanks again. This dealership is really stepping up and making us satisfied customers who will return there and give them more business.

When we took the boat out last Saturday (first trip after repairs), we noticed that the pieces that connect the bimini to the tower on the back were misisng. We thought maybe we lost them while traveling but didn't see how that could be. Well on our way to our vacation this weekend, we stopped by the dealer to pick some up, telling them that we were not sure what happened to them. They told us that their cost was $130 each. They gave both of them to us for free.

Thanks again. This dealership is really stepping up and making us satisfied customers who will return there and give them more business.

"They told us that their cost was $130 each"

They really need to stop lying to you about stuff...

"They told us that their cost was $130 each"

They really need to stop lying to you about stuff...

:unsure: Maybe they sell the 18K Gold ones. :unsure:

Crazy.gif:lol:

If they had a TITAN tower/bimini and the Billet clamps where missing it might be $130 each? Dontknow.gif I will say from experince, everyone from Utah should be doing cart wheels of joy for the new dealer, because the last dealer was a complete joke and it was a shame he had it for so long! I think if you give the new dealer some time and they will be great. I had a little issue on a carpet saver and the parts guy came out to my house and brought different carpet savers to see which one fit the best and then had a new one dropped shipped to the house! I call that awesome service! Thumbup.gif

Edited by jessem