Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trouble Installing a Metcraft Biminy

Need some help here on attaching our new biminy that includes the rear extended portion on our illusion. We have a Metcraft (99% sure) and couldn’t get it installed this weekend, even with help from another crew member whom has a similar biminy on his illusion.

The problem is when I connected other the front or the rear it seems to be about 4” too short. We connected the two rear attachments but the front connection was too short and also the tower light is at the rear of the cutout hole, moving it forward would require that hole to be enlarged. So is there some special trick getting this thing attached?

With mine I install the bars in the front first and remove the velcro straps in the rear to help loosen the fabric while I am snapping in the rear bars. It still takes quite a bit of work to get the rear legs locked in though, after its all snapped in I pull the velcro flaps tight around the rear bar. My tower light and tow point are both at the edge of the cover as well, I can't remember which side though off of the top of my head.

We tried both methods. When the front was attached the rear connections were so far from the connections I didn't want to bend and risk breaking anything. We did have the velcro staps loose. Does it seem correct to have about 4" of space between the last set of rear hookups after the front and middle set are all connected? Do I just need to pull the rear down hard then?

rear bow?

Justin, do you have any pics. I think I know what you are talking about, but pics would be great.

We didn't take any...Had pulls to make...lol I can take pics of the biminy tonight if that would help.

We tried both methods. When the front was attached the rear connections were so far from the connections I didn't want to bend and risk breaking anything. We did have the velcro staps loose. Does it seem correct to have about 4" of space between the last set of rear hookups after the front and middle set are all connected? Do I just need to pull the rear down hard then?

rear bow?

Just pull down a little harder. When we hook the rear supports into the locking brackets, the top is tight as a drum.

Yeah, the first time I went to put mine up "I was like", no way does this thing fit. You have to pull it way back and once it's on, it fits really good. Nice and tight, if you know what I mean. I have an adjustment on the rear lever bracket, that maybe something you might need.

Are you sure the bimini has ever been installed before? If it wasn't, the telescoping arms may not be set correctly.

It's definitely a tight fit getting the rear support arms to clip in the first time, but if everything is set correctly the bimini should be almost flat from front to back.

Are you sure the bimini has ever been installed before? If it wasn't, the telescoping arms may not be set correctly.

It's definitely a tight fit getting the rear support arms to clip in the first time, but if everything is set correctly the bimini should be almost flat from front to back.

I'm assuming it was, but don't know for sure.

the rear rods are extendable.

Yep we worked that angle too. Maybe we just needed to pull it down w/ more force just seemed more than I'd expect.