Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACME 13x12 vs. OJ XMP 13x12

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martho

• doughickey

• Wkerat

• mlange

Can anyone give there advice on a new prop?

I have a new 05 v-ride and the prop size is

13x13x1.

Let me know the good and bad about your experiences with durability and performace.

itch

We run factory ballast and will be adding another 1000 soon

A little late to this one, but I ran lots of comparisons between the Acme 541 3 blade and the OJ XMP on my 93 MC. I did a write-up with pictures and tried to be as fair as I could be given all the variables with which I had to contend but never realized existed until I got into it. So for what it's worth, here's the write-up.

Acme v. XMP Prop Test

East TX Skier,

Great job!... Thanks for sharing your test with us!... I know from personal experience that was a lot of work, changing props is no picnic either!... Thanks again!... :)

East TX Skier,

Great job!... Thanks for sharing your test with us!... I know from personal experience that was a lot of work, changing props is no picnic either!... Thanks again!...  :)

You all are quite welcome. I hope it will help somone. I should mention that Eric at OJ was kind enough to send me a free puller to keep with my test prop. The swap took less than 5 minutes and was issue free. Current force, wind, crew weight, gas weight, and all the other little things is what became so frustrating.

Also, thanks to milkmania at the other tmc board for continuing to host this test for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations and thanks for a very thorough set of tests.

I had been debating for a long time ACME vs OJ. (I ended up going with the OJ XMP 13 X 12)

Had I seen your tests, I think I would have chosen the OJ anyway. Why?

I don't need the slight extra top speed of the ACME, nor the extra punch out of the hole. I'm too old, and like a soft pull anyway.

What I do appreciate is the speed holding characteristics of both straight line and corners. Your tests suggest OJ is better at this.

Wake shape and vibration (both important to me also) are equal.

So.... for me, this says OJ has the slight edge.

Thanks for helping me to stop second guessing my decision last spring. I made the right choice. You confirmed it. Thanks.

Edited by doughickey