Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's a Diamond Hull?

New Bu owner. Bought a used 2005 Wakesetter 23 LSV. I've heard folks refer to "Diamond" hulls, and wondered what that means. Are there several types of hulls offered by Malibu? How do I tell which one my boat has?

New Bu owner. Bought a used 2005 Wakesetter 23 LSV. I've heard folks refer to "Diamond" hulls, and wondered what that means. Are there several types of hulls offered by Malibu? How do I tell which one my boat has?

Use the site search and eventually you will find a thread with pictures of both. Basically the diamond hull provides more lift at speed= smaller wake at 30+ mph for skiing. If you look at the stern of your boat, if the last 4 or 5" or so along both outside edges of the hull bottom flair back down (chine) = diamond hull. If the hull bottom continues all the way to the sidewall with out a change in the hull bottom then wake hull.

Edit - and yes, there are lots of different Malibu hulls...

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....&page=hulls

2nd Edit - It appears you have the wake hull, unless you have a Sunsetter with a Wakesetter graphic and tower...

Edited by TheBlackPearl