Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

titan spinners with pro 60's on illusion

foxhall

I have an illusion tower with titan spinner racks on the top location with one set of wetsound 60's on the top factory location. I have another set of pro 60's coming but after looking at the lower factory location on the tower I am concerned that my wakeboards might hit the lower speaker when I spin them in. Does anyone have this set up with 2 sets of 60's and titan spinners and does it work ok? Thanks

I have an illusion tower with titan spinner racks on the top location with one set of wetsound 60's on the top factory location. I have another set of pro 60's coming but after looking at the lower factory location on the tower I am concerned that my wakeboards might hit the lower speaker when I spin them in. Does anyone have this set up with 2 sets of 60's and titan spinners and does it work ok? Thanks

Hey there...

I have 4 wetsounds Pro60Xs on my Illusion XS tower (2008 Wakesetter 23LSV) in the 4 factory locations, Titan spinners in the lower factory location, and it works just fine!!! Not even close to interfering

Attached Pics - 1 with titan in at lock point (approx 150 degrees from outside locked position), the other with 180degrees roateed in.

Good luck!

post-3854-1210554419_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1210554426_thumb.jpg

Hey there...

I have 4 wetsounds Pro60Xs on my Illusion XS tower (2008 Wakesetter 23LSV) in the 4 factory locations, Titan spinners in the lower factory location, and it works just fine!!! Not even close to interfering

Attached Pics - 1 with titan in at lock point (approx 150 degrees from outside locked position), the other with 180degrees roateed in.

Good luck!

Thanks, I may need to move the spinners to the lower position

Unfortunately the mounting locations for accessories on the IX tower limit where you can put rotating racks.

If you're running two pairs of speakers, our Spinner racks will need to be located in the bottom position (which is what we recommend anyway).

our Spinner racks will need to be located in the bottom position (which is what we recommend anyway).

Any particular reason you recommend the bottom over the top? I have only one set of speakers mounted in the top location and a set of spinners in the top location. Just wondering why you recommend the bottom? Or is it just for clearence reasons with multiple speakers?

Hey there...

Good luck!

Does anyone have any pics of them with turned to the inside with the tower down?

I have regular board racks and have to take them off to put them under the boatlift canopy. The racks hit the canopy in the up position.

I have the spinners on the top location right now and when I get home I can get you a couple of pics with them folded in and the tower folded down.

Any particular reason you recommend the bottom over the top? I have only one set of speakers mounted in the top location and a set of spinners in the top location. Just wondering why you recommend the bottom? Or is it just for clearence reasons with multiple speakers?

There are a couple of reasons the lower location is recommended by Titan:

1) The upper location doesn't work on all towers. Because of the manufacturing process, and the large tolerances that are used, our Spinner rack won't always work in the upper location on every tower.

2) The lower location makes loading boards easier with the rack rotated in to the boat. Because of the arch of the tower, a Spinner rack in the upper location is more difficult to load boards into (not to mention that it's higher up, which is more difficult for children and shorter people to reach).

3) With four racks on the tower, the lower position definitely makes the most sense for the Spinners. That leaves the two upper locations available for surf board, waterski or additional wakeboard racks.

There's really no reason not to install our Spinner racks in the upper location from a technical standpoint. So if the above reasons are of no concern to you, and you don't plan on running 2 pairs of speakers, then go for it.

• 6 years later...

Hi, will these spinners fit in the top location or are they only made for the bottom mounts. I just can't see any pics with them mounted in the top mounts on the Illusion X tower. And Ive searched everywhere.

I don't have pro60's but do have 2 pair on the tower. The lower board just slightly rubs the edge of the lower can when rotated in. I tried to move them to the lower position but the powder coating on the tower in the upper location wasn't in very good shape so I chose the lesser of 2 evils and left them up top.

Best pics I've got...

IMG_0712_zpsdfc14c19.jpghalfnekkid_zpsd2dd8036.jpg20141001_180633_zps49d4b9b1.jpg20140820_162729_zpsa9dbf20b.jpg