Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BEACHING WITH GORILLA FINS

dennisvride

WE GOT A WAKEFEST COMING UP THAT I WANT TO BRING MY BOAT TO AND I NOTICE DUE TO THE LACK OF DOCK SPACE PEOPLE GROUND THERE BOATS ON THE BEACH. THE BEACH IN QUESTION IS ON A RIVER AND IS A STONE SAND MUD MIX. WAS WONDERING HOW LIKELY AM I TO BREAK A FIN LOOSE IF I PULL THE BOAT TO THE BEACH BY HAND TO GROUND IT. ALSO WORRIED ABOUT TAKING A WAKE TO THE SIDE OF THE BOAT WHILE GROUNDED SIDELOADING FINS AND BREAKING THEM OR TEARING ONE LOOSE. BTW. IT IS A 2007 VRIDE

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE ADVICE. DENNIS

If there is any chance of taking any waves while your beached, don't do it. Get yourself a descent acnhor, a Sandspike & an Anchor Buddy & tie the boat up off the beach, bow out so it'll break the waves ........ & speakers pointed at the beach!

Have never beached a 'bu since purchasing our first one 11 years ago. I do get a good chuckle though when I see a used mastercraft for sale and the picture they use has the boat beached at an angle. Dontknow.gifDontknow.gif

THE BEACH IN QUESTION IS ON A RIVER AND IS A STONE SAND MUD MIX.

Shocking.gif poor boat. Let someone in a POS IO beach it then use your bumbers and tie to them or anchor off your bow and tie the stern to their boat with a foot or two gap.

Don't beach it, but, A 40 mph power turn won't rip them off.

Would the warranty cover a broken fin?

No coverage for damage incurred like that. To me it's silimar to driving a car tire low and then get a blow out and expect the manufacture to pay for it.

Another vote for anchor buddy!

You would not have to worry about the fins, they are called gorilla fins for a reasons. As previously stated they can handle 40 MPH power slides. The real harm potential is to the gel coat on the under side of your hull. Beaching your boat is like parking it on a giant piece of sand paper, and then letting the water methodically rub the bottom of your boat against it. That being said beaching your boat for one day probably would be ok. I have beached mine a few times Whistling.gif

Yikes, I would not beach my BU no matter if it was just sand, much less stone/sand. We just anchor one end off the beach and tie off the other end loosley to the beach and wade in about waist deep water, or as someone mentioned, just tie off of someone else' boat. And that's just for gel coat reasons not fins. If not back in a quiet area, you are sure to get that constant slosh especially if someone is wakeboarding. Anchor buddy looks like a good option.

WE GOT A WAKEFEST COMING UP THAT I WANT TO BRING MY BOAT TO AND I NOTICE DUE TO THE LACK OF DOCK SPACE PEOPLE GROUND THERE BOATS ON THE BEACH. THE BEACH IN QUESTION IS ON A RIVER AND IS A STONE SAND MUD MIX. WAS WONDERING HOW LIKELY AM I TO BREAK A FIN LOOSE IF I PULL THE BOAT TO THE BEACH BY HAND TO GROUND IT. ALSO WORRIED ABOUT TAKING A WAKE TO THE SIDE OF THE BOAT WHILE GROUNDED SIDELOADING FINS AND BREAKING THEM OR TEARING ONE LOOSE. BTW. IT IS A 2007 VRIDE

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE ADVICE. DENNIS

I always use a sand spike and anchor.