Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broken Actuators on Power Wedge

NorthernDancer

I tried out the Power Wedge on my new LXi and it seemed to work fine. After the test, I put it up. The guage showed that it was back in the stored position, but when I went to pull a skier out, the wedge was stuck down. Closer look showed a broken actuator snapped off at the plastic coupler to the ram arm.

I managed to get the wedge up by hanging off the swim deck and holding the broken actuator out of the way in foward idle speed and salvaged the skiing. Now I need a new actuator. Does Malibu warranty this? Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes this is a warranty item. Had this happen to me last year. I believe they are a set so they will probably replace both. While I was waiting for the parts they tied my wedge up with large zip ties so I could still use the boat with no wedge drag or fear of more damage.

I tried out the Power Wedge on my new LXi and it seemed to work fine. After the test, I put it up. The guage showed that it was back in the stored position, but when I went to pull a skier out, the wedge was stuck down. Closer look showed a broken actuator snapped off at the plastic coupler to the ram arm.

I managed to get the wedge up by hanging off the swim deck and holding the broken actuator out of the way in foward idle speed and salvaged the skiing. Now I need a new actuator. Does Malibu warranty this? Has anyone else had this problem?

As long as u didnt hit anything you should be fine. Same thing happened to me Malibu covered everything