Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best source for impeller/engine parts?

EchelonMike

All:

This weekend, I got the boat cleaned up, and decided to make my own "fake-a-lake". The first version could not hold up to the suction of the impeller (it collapsed the rubber). The second version worked great!

Anyway, we took the boat out for a river cruise last night, and I noticed the water temp was running up near the 180^ mark, and this caused the "high temp" light to come on and off on the dash. My guess is the 10-15 seconds the engine ran with the failed version of Fake-A-Lake put about 1000 hrs worth of wear on the impeller! :-)

So...what's the best source for parts? The boat's got a Mercruiser Magnum Tournament Ski inboard. I also noticed that the tensioner pulley has a slight rattle to it. Before the bearing fails when I am out on the water, I want to replace that also.

Let me know what you guys and gals suggest for the best parts source.

Thanks!

-- Mike

All:

This weekend, I got the boat cleaned up, and decided to make my own "fake-a-lake". The first version could not hold up to the suction of the impeller (it collapsed the rubber). The second version worked great!

Anyway, we took the boat out for a river cruise last night, and I noticed the water temp was running up near the 180^ mark, and this caused the "high temp" light to come on and off on the dash. My guess is the 10-15 seconds the engine ran with the failed version of Fake-A-Lake put about 1000 hrs worth of wear on the impeller! :-)

So...what's the best source for parts? The boat's got a Mercruiser Magnum Tournament Ski inboard. I also noticed that the tensioner pulley has a slight rattle to it. Before the bearing fails when I am out on the water, I want to replace that also.

Let me know what you guys and gals suggest for the best parts source.

Thanks!

-- Mike

I took the ideas of the winterization mods and put a pvc pipe about 4" long onto a quick connect hose end - took off the impeller belt & engine side feed hose - connected the engine side to the pvc via the clamp - connected the garden hose and pretested everything that way - rather than worrying about ruining the impeller I would rather take the ten minutes to hook up this way and bypass the impeller. This eemed to me ( never tried a fake-a-lake ) a more positive water connection knowing the water is getting where I need it.

Steve

I took the ideas of the winterization mods and put a pvc pipe about 4" long onto a quick connect hose end - took off the impeller belt & engine side feed hose - connected the engine side to the pvc via the clamp - connected the garden hose and pretested everything that way - rather than worrying about ruining the impeller I would rather take the ten minutes to hook up this way and bypass the impeller. This eemed to me ( never tried a fake-a-lake ) a more positive water connection knowing the water is getting where I need it.

Steve

Steve, is there a link with pics on this? I was thinking that it would be nice to have some sort of hose connection in the bilge, on the main inlet hose or something, where a hose can be connected for driveway starting/testing.

Checked out Skidim's website this afternoon - looks like the place!

Thanks folks!

-- Mike