Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Cover Question

Ok Guys,

Noone get upset, please. I just bought an 02 Wakesetter VLX. It's parked in the driveway waiting to be put in the water, so I staret going over everything and getting use to the boat and it's features.

I pulled the cover out, seems to be the original and works well. It has the draw string in the back to tighten it up and also has 5 straps on each side to tie down to the trailler. Question is what does on do with the straps when putting the cover on, we it is docked in the water? Sorry if it is a silly question but I just can't figure it out. You would think the staps would have a clip to remove them but no.

Are you going to be mooring the boat in the water? If so, I would suggest you look into getting either a cover from Evolution, or Rankin. They don't use any poles or trailer straps and are ideal for mooring the boat and for trailering.

Thanks guys. I furthured the search and looked into the Malibu strap system. I noticed that near the cover itself the strap has a plastic hood and threaded through is a metal retainer. With a little force you can twist the metal retainer out of the plastic piece and presto no more straps haning in the water. I knew it was a silly question to start with. I had to figure a 60K boat (new) would have a better system to take the straps off. Well atleast they do come off. Hope this post might help another person figure it out. Enjoy the summer.

Edited by JRo
Guest J-Ro

Yes he is! I spent years perfecting my sarcasm and sharpening my wit on this site and I'll be boonswaggled if someone else eats the fruits of my labor.

Yes he is! I spent years perfecting my sarcasm and sharpening my wit on this site and I'll be boonswaggled if someone else eats the fruits of my labor.

Sorry Bro. Thought I would be the only one, it was a nick name given to me not chosen. I guess that is why J-Ro was not available, haha. No hard feeling it's not like I'm sleeping with your wife. Take Care, and I will try not to eat any of your fruits. Peace.