Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX with a HH, What prop to use?

Getting a VTX with the diamond cut hull and the HH, What props are recommended? We do lots of wake skating moderately weighted with the rest of the stuff like tubing and stuff, Also long runs on the river I want something that the has more top end with out sacrificing all of the bottom end? hahaha not much at all

What is everyone else using?

Tone

Getting a VTX with the diamond cut hull and the HH, What props are recommended? We do lots of wake skating moderately weighted with the rest of the stuff like tubing and stuff, Also long runs on the river I want something that the has more top end with out sacrificing all of the bottom end? hahaha not much at all

What is everyone else using?

Tone

Your boat will probably come with the 13.5X17.5 prop, going from that to an ACME 537 would probably do you good with your description. Plus you should be able to pick one of those up from members here for cheap. I can't imagine you needing anything more than that with a HH on a VTX and being moderately weighted.

Tone,

Mine came with the ACME 817 4blade (13.5x17.5).

I saw that you were looking for more top end. I haven't verified with GPS but I have had it WOT between 48 - 52 mph. Conditions weren't ideal when I opened it up so that is why I think the speed seemed to bounce a bit. Best of luck with changing the oil. My dealer is a 3 hr drive away so I did it myself and it is a challenge with the oil cooler, shower lines, ballast lines, water intake all in the way of the filter.

We need to stay in touch seing that we may be the only 2 on the forum with HHs in the VTX.

Matt

Tone,

Mine came with the ACME 817 4blade (13.5x17.5).

I saw that you were looking for more top end. I haven't verified with GPS but I have had it WOT between 48 - 52 mph. Conditions weren't ideal when I opened it up so that is why I think the speed seemed to bounce a bit. Best of luck with changing the oil. My dealer is a 3 hr drive away so I did it myself and it is a challenge with the oil cooler, shower lines, ballast lines, water intake all in the way of the filter.

We need to stay in touch seing that we may be the only 2 on the forum with HHs in the VTX.

Matt

Hahaha I do my oil every 10 hours so that will be fun. 48-52 mph thats flying I will let you know when i get mine what she can do I have a prop that i used on my VLX that is a 13.5x17.5 so i will try to get the dealer to give me something different.

Tone