Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

92 Euro f3 dash / wiring help

I was a retard and bought a boat on Ebay (A 92 Euro F3). The helm is loose and it appears that the area behind the dash is damaged where the helm is mounted. It looks like I have to remove the instrument panel and all the gauges to get to it. Does anyone have any ideas to take the instrument panel off without having to rewire all of the gauges, ignition switch, etc. I really don't know where to start. Thanks, Pat

Edited by skypig
I was a retard and bought a boat on Ebay (A 92 Euro F3). The helm is loose and it appears that the area behind the dash is damaged where the helm is mounted. It looks like I have to remove the instrument panel and all the gauges to get to it. Does anyone have any ideas to take the instrument panel off without having to rewire all of the gauges, ignition switch, etc. I really don't know where to start. Thanks, Pat

I sent you a PM. For the most part, I would make a wiring diagram of your connections and the wires (color etc). If you go to any electrical supply company, you should be able to get wire tags that you can put on each wire so you can catalog where thy cam from. You may even be able to get a diagram from Malibu or one of the loyal members on this board. Worth a try if you have to disconnect everything. Take your time.

I don't know what it looks like under your dash, but maybe you can make an aluminum plate to epoxy and screw to the backside of the dash to reinforce the helm area. 1/4" is easy to work with.

I sent you a PM. For the most part, I would make a wiring diagram of your connections and the wires (color etc). If you go to any electrical supply company, you should be able to get wire tags that you can put on each wire so you can catalog where thy cam from. You may even be able to get a diagram from Malibu or one of the loyal members on this board. Worth a try if you have to disconnect everything. Take your time.

I don't know what it looks like under your dash, but maybe you can make an aluminum plate to epoxy and screw to the backside of the dash to reinforce the helm area. 1/4" is easy to work with.

I have the dash wiring schematic for a 95 Sunsetter if you need it.

Steve

Depending on the damage, you can just take the helm out and do the repairs with new wood and fiberglass. Malibu has some new dashes if needed.

Depending on the damage, you can just take the helm out and do the repairs with new wood and fiberglass. Malibu has some new dashes if needed.

I think what happened is the previous owner cut the dash on the right side of the helm to install a stereo and weakened the dash support. I think I am going to have to remove the stereo and build the dash back up somehow. With Aluminium, wood and glass. I haven't figured out which is best yet. Thanks, Pat