Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet Saver in VLX

jessem

I have a 2006 VLX and am having a tough time finding the correct fit on a carpet saver I have brought 2 home from the dealer and they both fit like crap. Does anyone have some pics of how there's fit? I have seen them in some boats and the fit so good you can barely tell they have one and others fit like a person on drugs made the pattern... Dontknow.gif They are going to have one shipped from Malibu directly to me but I'm not to confident it will fit any better. :unsure:

Edited by jessem

Both of the Savers I have tried look like they where not even made for my boat??? The have a 4" to 5" gap around the outside edge in the back seating area and are about 2" too wide in the walk way area and the table hole does not even come close to lining up????

there is a small tag on the back of the carpet saver it will have a 4 digit number, give me the number. if it was made by r and r textiles. i will tell you what it fits. If it is too wide in the walkway , it is probly the wrong one. the table hole more often then not will never line up even with the right saver.

each boat down the line was drilled by guess work.

That link is the same thing I ordered! My dealer is just having some issues with the fitting. I think being a new dealer this year they are still getting use to ordering parts with Malibu and there vendors, but they are taking care of me. If mine fits like the one in the Bakes marine pics I will be super happy.

Been thinking about the carpet savers...but for my boat, $350 is a bit much for a cutout pattern carpet, IMHO. I am sure I will talk myself into it eventually, but do you know if Bakes extends discounts to MC members?

That fit would be nice Thumbup.gif

So it just sits in there and stays put? No moving around, bunching up, etc...?

If mine fits like the one in the Bakes marine pics I will be super happy.

I don't think it is the carpet saver that is varying in size, it's the boat. I'm sure every boat is a little bit different and if a installer at the factory mounts something ever so slightly off it could mess up the carpet saver. If you get a third carpet saver and it's the same, i would just have a carpet or upholstery shop cut and re-hem the edge of the carpet to fit your boat specifically?

Wish you luck!

I don't think it is the carpet saver that is varying in size, it's the boat. I'm sure every boat is a little bit different and if a installer at the factory mounts something ever so slightly off it could mess up the carpet saver. If you get a third carpet saver and it's the same, i would just have a carpet or upholstery shop cut and re-hem the edge of the carpet to fit your boat specifically?

Wish you luck!

You don't truly think that there is 4 to 5 inches of differences from boat to boat :unsure: Malibu would have some serious fit and finish issues if that was the case? I think the dealer has just given me two of the wrong Carpet savers neither of them have been packaged and both where open with no part numbers or any info on them. I could handle a 1 to 2 inch gap just not something that looks like a three year old measured and cut it out. :)

WakMakinLSV I think Bakes is a bit on the high side, I only paid $234.00 from my dealer? They have some serious traction on the bottom and looks like when they are down they won't move at all. Maybe the price I was charged is why it fits like Sh-t????

Edited by jessem
  • 3 weeks later...

Wish you luck!

You don't truly think that there is 4 to 5 inches of differences from boat to boat :unsure: Malibu would have some serious fit and finish issues if that was the case? I think the dealer has just given me two of the wrong Carpet savers neither of them have been packaged and both where open with no part numbers or any info on them. I could handle a 1 to 2 inch gap just not something that looks like a three year old measured and cut it out. :)

WakMakinLSV I think Bakes is a bit on the high side, I only paid $234.00 from my dealer? They have some serious traction on the bottom and looks like when they are down they won't move at all. Maybe the price I was charged is why it fits like Sh-t????

I just called my dealer for a quote on a carpet saver for my 23 LSV and it was $120 higher than Bakes? Is there a way to get one for less?

Wish you luck!

I just called my dealer for a quote on a carpet saver for my 23 LSV and it was $120 higher than Bakes? Is there a way to get one for less?

Ya buy one from Bakes they'll ship it to you for free also.