Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Precision Pro

zornman

I have a 2006 21 LSV Sunscape with the Malibu Precision Pro speed control. The speed control will only bring the boat down to 12 mph no matter how low you set the control number. The dealer has told me that they called Malibu and the said to call Perfect Pass in Nova Scotia and that it will not go below 12 mph. Two questions:

1. Does Perfect Pass make Precision Pro for Malibu

2. For those of you who have Precision Pro, are you able to hold surfing speeds (10-11 mph) with the controller?

Thanks.

I have a 2006 21 LSV Sunscape with the Malibu Precision Pro speed control. The speed control will only bring the boat down to 12 mph no matter how low you set the control number. The dealer has told me that they called Malibu and the said to call Perfect Pass in Nova Scotia and that it will not go below 12 mph. Two questions:

2. For those of you who have Precision Pro, are you able to hold surfing speeds (10-11 mph) with the controller?

Thanks.

You might check with "KevinK" who has a 23lsv right on Tippy there, with the speed control too. Tom

Thanks.

I have a 2006 Precision pro (malibu's speed control). You cannot initially set it to lock in less than 10 MPH. What you can do is have it lock in at say... 12 or 15 MPH. Once it locks in you can use the arrow keys to take it down below 10 and it will stay locked on and control the speed. There may be a update for 2006 models for this that can be "flashed" into the precision pro.

I don't think it's made by perfect pass.

There's definitely no connection between Precision Pro and Perfect Pass, so don't bother them.

Every boat I've been in with Precision Pro has allowed you to set the speed for whatever you want (with 6MPH being the minimum IIRC). It's quite possible that the early '06 models weren't setup that way though. Hopefully one of the dealers that frequent the site can chime in.

Thanks.

I have a 2006 Precision pro (malibu's speed control). You cannot initially set it to lock in less than 10 MPH. What you can do is have it lock in at say... 12 or 15 MPH. Once it locks in you can use the arrow keys to take it down below 10 and it will stay locked on and control the speed. There may be a update for 2006 models for this that can be "flashed" into the precision pro.

I don't think it's made by perfect pass.

I have tried reducing the speed once it locked in, but that did not work. I'm hoping there is some sort of software update. I can get RPMs to hold at very low "speeds", but since that isn't actually speed control it doesn't work well enough for surfing.

Thanks...hopefully a dealer will chime in soon.

Edited by zornman

on our 06 Vride it seems to lock in as low as 9.6, but that is as low as it will stay. We usually ride between 9.8 and 10.8

So we took the 07 23 LSV out today on Lake Tippy and tried Precision Pro set at several speeds.

Initially set it at 10MPH (it accepted 10 - no problem), put it gear, accelerated and it got to 10, locked and held, no problems.

Then tried 9, worked fine.

Tried 8 and it worked there too.

While the boat was running at 10, started to decrease the cruise setpoint and it went all the way down to about 6 before it finally said to add manual throttle. I just increased the speed setpoint to 9 and added throttle to get to 9 and the speed control held there. But down to that point, it held every speed (with a decent wake, I might add). So it locked and held at 10,9,8,7.

So long story short, the '07 control will certainly set for 8, or 9, or 10 MPH (wake surfing speeds?) and lock in and hold that speed.

Hope that helps.

IIRC, the first generation had this problem and they released an updated firmware that allows it to function at lower speeds.

That is correct.

PP and PSC are 2 entirely different systems.

Thanks all! That confirms what I thought. I'll have to contact my dealer to get them to work on this. Hopefully the firmware update exists.

Thanks all! That confirms what I thought. I'll have to contact my dealer to get them to work on this. Hopefully the firmware update exists.

It does exists!!!

If you're using RPM mode, can you lock in speeds around 700-1000 RPM? It'd be nice for those late night booze cruises when you want to go a little faster than idle but don't want to fight the return spring all the way.

If you're using RPM mode, can you lock in speeds around 700-1000 RPM? It'd be nice for those late night booze cruises when you want to go a little faster than idle but don't want to fight the return spring all the way.

Or buy an 08--the throttle sits where you put it. :)

It's interesting to me that every year this issue comes up. My boat was actually one of the guinea pigs for the updated programming that they ended up releasing as an available update. It wouldn't hold speed below 12mph no matter what, but after the update it's been rock solid down to 8mph. We worked through the dealer, they should be able to hook you up. 15 minute fix, at the most.