Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is the coolest Towable for kids and adults?

oldyeller

I was thinking of getting a towable this summer and was curious if there were certain towables that people are using that they feel is the best one and their kids as well as the adults can have fun with it...what kind of towable do you have and how fun is it?

I got the Big Mable Thumbup.gif . My all the kids in my family cant get enough of it. I took it to an all adult house boat trip last sept and it was the only tube that was used over the 4 days. Mind you we had 2 houseboats, 5 wakeboard boats, 50 people and a ton of inflatable, boards, hydro's etc...JM2C

mable23d400.jpg

We have the Connelly Mega Wing and it is great for the kids because it is so stable. It is also good for the adults because the seats are staggered to prevent the accidental head banging we used to get on the old 3 peson sea doo tube.

post-5478-1210353433_thumb.jpg

post-5478-1210353433_thumb.jpg

My Brother-in-law got his HO Ion last season - the kids and adults absolutely love it Thumbup.gif It is so large that you can put 4 or 5 small kids on it and they have a blast and you don't spend your entire day taking individual kids out time after time. Not to mention that he can now say that he has the biggest balls on the water and nobody can dispute him. :unsure:

post-4291-1210354000_thumb.jpg

I was thinking of getting a towable this summer and was curious if there were certain towables that people are using that they feel is the best one and their kids as well as the adults can have fun with it...what kind of towable do you have and how fun is it?

ROFL.gif None of them ROFL.gif

This ones pretty cool. I'm towing a boat and a tube.

Are you practicing for the "American Tractor Pullers Association"!

OldYeller - Do you ride at McClure?

I made one houseboat trip there last summer. I love that lake however I usually end up at Pedro (closer to home).

A friend of mine has the Super Mable, basically the 3-person version of Big Mable, and it's awesome. Stable enough to put the young one's on for a ride and fun for the older crowd as well. It's tough to dump people but if you really want to you can!!!!

i would buy a tube from costco.

they usually have cool 3 person tubes and when they pop( they all leak or pop) yr after yr they exchange for a new one :)

I have 6 tubes from costco

a 2 person (Taco Style sit on the tube)

3 person sea doo ( you sit inside compartments)

3 person sea doo ray (you sit on the tube and have a backrest)

all are fun but i would say you get the most air out of the sit on tube style as the compartment ones flex more and you take the beatings.. the other 2 work like a trampoline and kick you up..

we have gotten 10-15 feet of air in these tubes... i have 4 young ones and they all ride and love them... we got them about 5 feet in the air last yr and it didnt even scare them ... 8yrs 5 yrs 4 yrs and 18mths old...

my 8yr old was ejected last yr in havasu and didnt even stop to think twice about jumping back on and riding all day... she was on before we could ask if she was ok..

Not to beat a dead horse but I have the 4 person Mable (Super Big Mable) and it is awesome. We have had 7 small kids on it and it is very stable. Put a couple adults on it, crank up the speed and G's and you can get them airborne if you want to. The down side is that it is absolutely HUGE. I bought a gas leaf blower and modified the end so that I can go from flat to fat in about a minute...I just did not want to leave it inflated all the time. I think they still make the 4-person Mable but I could be wrong...I don't see them in Overton's anymore.

I have the Frequent Flyer which is about 6 ft in diameter and everyone seems to like it. A lot easier to get outside the wake than the great big mable. I think it is just a matter of preference. I am considering the one that looks like a bullett and you are actually inside the tube.

just curious, what do you guys do with these huge tubes when not using them: switch to wakeboarding for instance. They are too big to put in the boat....

Tie it to the dock. :Doh:

OK, let's rephrase, for those who don't have a dock... who are on the river or lake, what do YOU do with these large towables when switching to wakeboarding, etc????

Tie it to the dock. :Doh:

OK, let's rephrase, for those who don't have a dock... who are on the river or lake, what do YOU do with these large towables when switching to wakeboarding, etc????

I bring along a large to towable for the same reason pull all the kids at the same time instead of one at a time. There is hook on the back of my boat that is part of the grab rail. We attach the tube to it while wakeboarding, airchairing etc. and its not in the way.

If you want to go cheap, get two or 3 uncovered tubes (kids <and adults> don't like their arms getting burned by the fabric) and the same number of exactly equal length lines. Hook them all to the tower and let everyone go at it. They can switch tubes, dump each other off, spray each other, etc. Use new lines or make sure they are the same length.

MalibuNation
just curious, what do you guys do with these huge tubes when not using them: switch to wakeboarding for instance. They are too big to put in the boat....

TubeHandler

I've also seen real short ropes where it's towed behind the boat and but out of the way for the ski or wakeboard rope.

Edited by MalibuNation

TubeHandler

I've also seen real short ropes where it's towed behind the boat and but out of the way for the ski or wakeboard rope.

Get the electric blower that plugs into your boat outlet and just deflate it. it takes like 30 seconds to fill

• 2 weeks later...

We tie it off to tree stump in a cove that we are camping in. This way the kids have something to play on while we are eating lunch, taking a break, etc... There is usually always someone that is staying behind to watch the camp site anyways.

• 3 years later...