Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Jammed Wedge Pins

2004 WSVLX

I have a 2004 WSVLX and I can deploy the wedge from the swim platform but the pins are so stiff you cannot raise the wedge once it is down. You need two hands to raise it. It is such a pain. Anyone ever similar issues. Is there a way to somehow lubricate those pins?

I have a 2004 WSVLX and I can deploy the wedge from the swim platform but the pins are so stiff you cannot raise the wedge once it is down. You need two hands to raise it. It is such a pain. Anyone ever similar issues. Is there a way to somehow lubricate those pins?

I always use two hands. One to pinch the pins in, the other to lift the end of the wedge up slightly to take the pressure off the pins. I wouldnt consider my pins stiff, but they do not move easily if you dont use your other hand to lift jiggle the wedge slightly. Ive got no problem doing it from the platform.

If it it just started doing this it may just need a good soaking of a penetrating lubricant and then work it in a bit to loosen it up. Dontknow.gif

Edited by bigD

Ours was that way last summer when we got it. Being a Malibu noob I wasn't sure it wasn't operator error. It was so bad I had to load the boat with it down once. After that I took a good look at it when we got home. On one side the pin was dragging enough to leave a mark where the wedge swung up. I took a grinder after the pin - ever so gently - and it's been fine ever since.

If I recall correctly, I had to shorten my pins as well. I also took a belt sander to the wedge arms to clearance them so it would move freely. I think I may have opened the holes up in the wedge plate a little as well....

Pat

My pins were getting hard to move and made it difficult to raise or lower the wedge. I took the pins out the other day and they had a corrosion build up on them actually increasing their diameter a small amount. I used some light emery cloth to clean them up and reinstalled them with some Lubriplate water resistant grease. The pins are much easier to move now but it still takes two hands to move the wedge but I can see where the arms are dragging on the bracket.