Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

NU BU to be born......

2thdoc01

Well, Spray date is coming, hoping to have it before Memeorial day....I got a bump into a reps spot apparently.

Lookin forward to adding racks and tower speakers with amp ASAP!

2008 VRide

Here is what is on it:

Bow Rails (stainless steel)

Docking Lights (Stainless Steel)

Flip Up Bolster Driver's Seat

Grow Boating Campaign, Surcharge

Locking glove box

Malibu Launch System (Midship Ballast system)

Malibu Sound Suppression Technology (MSST)

Pop-up bow light

Pull up cleats - Two Pair

Rubrail (Stainless rubrail w/through holes)

Ski tow bar/rear grab handle

Wedge (complete) Polished (MANUAL)

Carpet, Storage & Canvas Options

Shrinkable Shipping Cover

Commercial Sewing

CS Boat Cover w/Illusion X Tower Cutouts

Cruise Control Options

Precision Pro Speed Control

Dash Options

Chrome Billet Gauge Panel

Depth Finder Module

Engine

Malibu 320 LCR - 320hp, EFI-MPI(N/A for Calif. dealers)

Engine Optios

Silent Rider mufflers

Water Cooled Shaft Seal

Great Lakes Canvas

GL - Bimini top w/zip & boot

Stereo Options

Sound Pack 1

Transom Remote

Swim Platform

Swim Platform - Fiberglass

Tower

Malibu Illusion X

Tower Options

Trailer

Ebony T/A Boatmate tube trailer w/brakes, Led lights, swing away tongue, tie down straps, Spare tire and carrier.

Edited by 2thdoc01

What the heck is a "Grow Boating Campaign surcharge"? Advertising charge on every boat? I noticed this when I bought mine to.

What the heck is a "Grow Boating Campaign surcharge"? Advertising charge on every boat? I noticed this when I bought mine to.

I bet its advertising money you pay...kinda like the car dealerships do now.

• 2 weeks later...
Did I miss the model?

Yup. :)

2008 VRide

Well, it looks like my Bu isnt coming soon, Dealer gave me the "sign now and we can get the order in and have you in the boat" song and dance to get my deposit, and two weeks later I find out that the spray date is today. So there is no way to get it done and here by Friday as expected. They basically told me they got a sooner production slot from the reg rep,so if it was sprayed before the 16th Id have it by Mem day weekend.

I wont say who the dealer is until I see if they can make it right, but rest assured I will let it be known on EVERY forum if they dont.

I think its a shame they basically told me what i wanted to hear, with no clue of whether they could deliver, just to get the sale. They knew I had another boat lined up at a diff dealer that I could have had the next day.

Poor poor decision on my part to go to a new Bu dealership, who obviously is desparate to sell. Sad thing is, they claim to be making no money off the boat, in order to get their name out there...well guess what...IT BACKFIRED!!!!!

More to come....

Well that sucks. It would have been pushing it even if your date was the 7th of May I think. Hopefully you like the boat as much as I do. I just wish I had the cash to go for the 23 LSV! :) If you have the rear ballast, dump those hard tanks and get some sacks back there. Much nicer in my opinion.

Well that sucks. It would have been pushing it even if your date was the 7th of May I think. Hopefully you like the boat as much as I do. I just wish I had the cash to go for the 23 LSV! :) If you have the rear ballast, dump those hard tanks and get some sacks back there. Much nicer in my opinion.

Plus1.gif

Also gives you more freedom as to having a larger ballast.

Question...

Why does malibu site say msrp of vride is 41695 with tandem axle trailer...but dealer adds 5-6k for trailer on to it?

Hmmm... I haven't looked in a while, but I thought all their prices were without trailer.

Question...

Why does malibu site say msrp of vride is 41695 with tandem axle trailer...but dealer adds 5-6k for trailer on to it?

Hmmm... I haven't looked in a while, but I thought all their prices were without trailer.

Model Specifications

*MSRP: $41,695

Overall Length: 21'

Beam: 93.5"

Draft: 24"

Seating Capacity: 10 persons

Weight: 3000 lbs.

Fuel Capacity: 35 gallons

Hull: SV23 Wake

Standard HP: 320 (340 upgrade req in CA)

Max HP: 400

v_model_442.jpg

*Ride Series MSRP: Standard w/ tandem axle trailer, but does not include tax, freight, dealer preparations or any options.

Question...

Check to see whether or not the dealer is charging for an upgraded trailer or not, but yes a trailer is included in the V-Ride pricing.

This is a marketing campaign that publicizing boating and it's benefits. Engine manufacturers are the facilitators of this program with cooperation of boat manufacturers and dealer governing bodies. The surcharge is on all boats sold in North America. Malibu has elected to inform the customer of ALL the charges and not hide it.

The base price plus 5700 for a boatmate trailer.......Its kinda confusing why the site says its included, but I pay 5700 more......

That's a question for your dealer to answer why that charge is showing up.

Sad thing is, they claim to be making no money off the boat, in order to get their name out there...well guess what...IT BACKFIRED!!!!!

The base price plus 5700 for a boatmate trailer.......Its kinda confusing why the site says its included, but I pay 5700 more......

There you have it.... They aren't making any money off the sales price of the boat (Yeah Right) they're just making $57 Large off the trailer....

I've got a better idea for you, come pick up my boat, and I'll throw in the trailer at no extra charge, and you CAN have it today!!!! Oh and save yourself 25 grand in the process......

Well,

The Owner of the company is doing a good job making up for his sales guys mistake, but Malibu basically threw them under the bus and told them there isnt anything they can do.

Well, F Malibu. And the regional rep of the upper midwest.

I told the sales guy I was buying another boat if they couldnt get it to me by today, and he said he would check on it.

The Regional rep told the sales guy he was giving him a bump to an earlier spray date because they were a new dealer and wanted the sale for them.

Supposedly as long as it was sprayed before the 16th Id get it.

Then the info was backed off and it was said that shipping would be the week of the 26th. I spoke to them and the sales guy assured me he was working on it. I was skeptical and said I would just get another boat and they said "it was in production and we had a contract, I dont know what else to tell you"

Monday the 19th came and they JUST started it...so I wont see it until the first weekend in June....possibly. SO that means BS when I asked about cancelling 2 days after the "order".

I cant believe Malibu would take the stand to leave the dealer on his own to make good, since it was a reg rep giving the info.

I would never have bought the boat had I known it wasnt going to get here this weekend. I had a SAN 210 sitting at another dealer waiting for me.

So malibu wont be getting any of my business in the future, and I will be shocked if I have problems with this boat, and they get taken care of by the factory.

I gave the dealer an out, so he wouldnt have to deal with me in the future, knowing how sensitive I will be to their handling of things, but he wouldnt take it.

So I guess I will have to wait even longer and get madder each weekend I could be enjoying boating with my wife and kids. I hope for malibu's sake there isnt any issues with this boat!

Edited by 2thdoc01

"So malibu wont be getting any of my business in the future"

We'll see if you still feel the same when you get into the boat, my guess is that you'll be happy you made the choice. I have a hard time believing you were getting a new 210 for the same price. The 210 is certianly an ugly boat IMO.

"So malibu wont be getting any of my business in the future"

We'll see if you still feel the same when you get into the boat, my guess is that you'll be happy you made the choice. I have a hard time believing you were getting a new 210 for the same price. The 210 is certianly an ugly boat IMO.

07 brand new 210 Team edition......52 K OTD with custom cover and bimini...its loaded with tower speakes, sub, etc.

I dont have tower speakers on the vride or racks....v ride wil be 49900 after those options.....

Are you sure this is Malibu's fault? Maybe your dealer gave you an un realistic date because of his inexperience! Just a thought.. Whistling.gif

The sales guy told me that exact quote on the phone, so one of em is full of it.....

The owner told me that malibu is unable to help them out and they are on their own to fix it.....

Shipping guy quoted yesterday it SHOULD be done on Wed June 4th and shipped by the 5th potentially......BS.

Sounds like you should go get the 210 then if you're this unhappy. They can't hold you to anything, they didn't hold up their end of the deal. They would have to refund any money you put down.

Sounds like you should go get the 210 then if you're this unhappy. They can't hold you to anything, they didn't hold up their end of the deal. They would have to refund any money you put down.

I offered that, but they wont do it. I never got the second page of the sales agreement, nor did they ever give me in writing a delivery date...it seems a bit coincedental.

Edited by 2thdoc01

I don't mean to sound smug or anything but maybe you could get over it and just enjoy the new boat. If you were going to decide on which boat to buy based on delivery date that doesn't make much since. I understand you a denist and you make a lot of money so 50-60 grand to you is nothing. You are buying a malibu because it is a superior boat, you might not have said but the fact you went through so much trouble to get it when there was a 210 on the lot tells me you did your research. My boat was 3 weeks late as well. Wouldn't trade it for any boat on the water. I don't think the lost 3 to 4 weeks is worth trying to bring down the whole company.

I offered that, but they wont do it. I never got the second page of the sales agreement, nor did they ever give me in writing a delivery date...it seems a bit coincedental.

Im just dissappointed that that rep would bs me to get them a sale....meanwhile I took off to get it, and a lost day of production costs me anywhere between 7500 and 12000.....

If you're making that kind of coin why didn't you just buy a VLX or LSV?