Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

strap it down

Lake.OD

I have a 2005 LSV and it did not come with the rear straps for the trailer. Neither did my 1992 Maristar 210. I am curious, does anybody use them? I only trailer two times per year (hopefully) 35 miles to the dealer to winterize and 1 mile to the ramp to launch for the year. Thoughts???

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• auto

• Addictedto6

• Bobby Light

• Mike00LXI

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 2005 LSV and it did not come with the rear straps for the trailer. Neither did my 1992 Maristar 210. I am curious, does anybody use them? I only trailer two times per year (hopefully) 35 miles to the dealer to winterize and 1 mile to the ramp to launch for the year. Thoughts???

There are several threads on this, and they usually get contentious. I do not, have not, and will not, never been an issue.

Let the flaming begin Tease2.gifBash.gif

Edited by auto

Wow, didn't even think to search it.... Just a ? for the masses.... Contentious about rear straps... Sounds like they may need a run on a little smooth glass to work out the kinks if you know what I mean:)

You may not have them in your State because they are not required by law. I live in the State where we have laws to protect it's Citizens,Elderberry Beatles and fairy shrimp from everything. So I have to use the rear straps or get a ticket.

I would still use the straps because there already mounted.

Edited by bigD

I live in a state where we have accidents occasionally. We have lived on Lake Sammamish & now Liberty Lake & seen several accidents on the lake road near our home where the boat didn't stay on the trailer. In one case the boat smashed the back of the Tahoe/Suburban that was towing it. And in the other one the boat smashed into a car in the oncoming lane. I would imagine both crashes would have been a lot less catastrophic if the boat had stayed on the trailer. But theres no proof either way. And a lot of guys in these forums who think the accident would have still been as bad anyway.

We use them, but we have a 30 minute drive to the lake, half of which is on the interstate. I think you would be fine without them on the 1 mile trip to the ramp, but I would definitely use them on the longer trip to the dealer.

Straps are only helpful in emergency situations. If you don't foresee an emergency situation don't use them.

Straps are only helpful in emergency situations. If you don't foresee an emergency situation don't use them.

That's one of the funniest statements I've heard in a long time ROFL.gifROFL.gif .

Can't remember the statistics but don't most accidents occur less than 20 miles from home. Fingerwag.gif

Edited by Sixball
Can't remember the statistics but don't most accidents Fingerwag.gif occur less than 20 miles from home. Fingerwag.gif

Exactly my boat is over 75 miles from home Thumbup.gif

Can't remember the statistics but don't most accidents Fingerwag.gif occur less than 20 miles from home. Fingerwag.gif

And aren't you one of those that doesn't need transom straps? Whistling.gif

That's one of the funniest statements I've heard in a long time ROFL.gifROFL.gif .

Man I wish I could foresee an emergency coming! I would just stay home that day! Whistling.gif

Yep. One of those irresponsible owners who endanger every person on the road with my reckless and careless behavior. Thumbup.gif

Yep. One of those irresponsible owners who endanger every person on the road with my reckless and careless behavior. Thumbup.gif

I can hear you now "Aint goin happen to me"....

After an accident, I bet you hear "Man, I wished I strapped the boat down" more than "Man, I wish I didn't strap the boat down"

I've always been told I was a strapping young man. Guess they were right. USE EM'

BTW: I love "My Lab is smarter than your honor roll student." Classic Biggrin.gif

Man I wish I could foresee an emergency coming! I would just stay home that day! Whistling.gif

I wish I could forsee the next stock like Microsoft so I could buy it to, but that doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

You all are a bunch of S&M fetishists.

Mike did you fall and bump your head? Post something that makes sense next time.

Wow, you can foresee emergency events?? I'm impressed!!