Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 VLX ?

Ballast

In the market to buy another Malibu. I'm afraid to puchase the '08 because of a possible change. I like the '08 but you know how some changes can be for the better and also the worse. Please let me know what you guys have heard. Thank You!

Our dealer thinks Malibu will incorporate some of the features on the VTX and come up with some new ones we haven't seen yet!

The VLX will be redesigned to incorporate the new design ethos that we've seen on the 247, VTX and 23 over the last three years. Of course there will be other improvements and changes (as we saw on each of the previously mentioned models), but take a look at the VTX and the 23 and you'll have a good idea of what the new VLX will look like and what features it will have.

The only rumor I have herd is that they will be getting rid of the windshield vents found in the 23 and vtx. that one im sure of. the one im not is the supercharged v-6. that is a great rumor that i would love to see..

The only rumor I have herd is that they will be getting rid of the windshield vents found in the 23 and vtx. that one im sure of. the one im not is the supercharged v-6. that is a great rumor that i would love to see..

say what you want about the vents, but I like them on my VTX.

The supercharged v-6? That's a new one. But if they could get the power, and save a couple hundred pounds, that would be a nice engine for the Diamond hull for those who like to ski.

Supercharged V6 huh...remeber when Toyota put that lexus engine in a boat, smooth high revving motor with overhead cams and all sorts of neat stuff. Whistling.gif

Edited by 99response
something is going to replace the 8.1.... just a matter of what??

I think the Hammerhead is going to be the replacement, maybe with a few modifications to give it a few more horses for the larger boats. Maybe they'll make twin engines an option like Mastercraft does?

No, super charged 6.2L will be the replacement for the 8.1. There was even a thread about it already.

There is NO replacement for displacement.

I am really interested to see if Merc and Volvo are willing to drop the 8.1 out of their lineup. It's a great motor for those bigger IO's that need big block power but don't have room for twins.

Also do Merc or Volvo have CATS in thier lineups yet, I haven't seen anything yet...

-Chris

No, super charged 6.2L will be the replacement for the 8.1. There was even a thread about it already.

There is NO replacement for displacement.

I am really interested to see if Merc and Volvo are willing to drop the 8.1 out of their lineup. It's a great motor for those bigger IO's that need big block power but don't have room for twins.

Also do Merc or Volvo have CATS in thier lineups yet, I haven't seen anything yet...

-Chris

The Merc website shows only the 6.2L for the tow sports models, while the 8.1 is still offered for the inboards for the larger boats.