Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Quick Help! Board racks

2thdoc01

I want 2 swivel board racks for the new v ride....what do i get?

Order is going in today, I want to hold a wakeboard, surfboard and one for skis.

Order is going in today, I want to hold a wakeboard, surfboard and one for skis.

I would just get them from your dealer. They are super pricey though and I've not seen many cheaper versions out there.

I don't think there is a swivel for ski racks. I have the regular metcraft ski rack and have been happy so far. I actually keep my HL surfboard in the top slot of it. Other than that, I think the consensus of this site is the Tital swivel rack is the best design. A friend of mine has the titans and they are pretty slick. Good luck and get that boat built!

I would just get them from your dealer. They are super pricey though and I've not seen many cheaper versions out there.

The BU ones are 550 each and dont swivel!! There has to be a good solution for the illusion tower that swivels and hold 2 wakeboards and a surfboard/skis right?

Did you check out the dbot5. I have one of those and a standard Titan rack. The dbot is much better for the surfer than the titan. Don't swivel but very happy with both of them.

For 2008 Titan offers two racks for the Illusion X tower that are available with our Generation II Spinner mechanism. They are the Low Rider II and DLX, and retail for $549 and $649, respectively. Both racks are available for either wakeboard or surfboards, but unfortunately we do not offer them in a waterski version. The increased length of waterskis proved to be too much for the offset mounting location of the IX tower.

Contact your local dealer for more information on Titan's line of racks, they should be able to get you squared away.

I have not been satisfied at all with the Titan swivel racks. The plastic grip has came out of all but 2 slots, there is too much play in the swivel and if you have 4 tower speakers, you can't swing the racks in without hitting the speakers. The new Metcraft racks are a lot better design and seem to be sturdier. I just can't afford to spend another $1500 for new racks. I think the Titan racks are $200 more than the Metcraft.

Edited by davidhep23