Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Almost sunk the boat this weekend....

Our dealership pulls both plugs every year and sticks them in the drivers cupholder.

Speaking of large wake, this reminds me of an occurrence we had with our '02 Team RLX. We used to winterize the boat after every use during the spring semester. Well, one time, a guy didn't put the hose clamp on for the hot water feed for the shower. I was out skiing behind the thing and noticed the wake was getting really big and when they'd spin me at each end of the course, the boat would pitch over on its side like a Four Winns. When I dropped to get in the boat, I noticed the platform was about 2" under water. A quick lift of the motorbox showed the problem (the engine was still running). There were a few hundred gallons of hot water in the bilge almost up to the floor level.

We didn't let that guy winterize the heater or shower anymore. He was known as 'towelboy' for the rest of the semester after that since that's all we'd let him do was a wipedown. :)