Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

liquid force feedback

curtisco24

looking into getting a liquid force board. Does anybody ride them? If so, can you give me some feedback on the different shapes? I don't have a local dealer, so I can't demo.

I have the 138 Watson and 136 Shane. I like them both, but the Shane seems to track a little bit better.

One of the guys I ride with has the fish and doesn't like it particularly.

I have had good luck with Liquid Force in the past.

Murray's new hyperlite board looks pretty sweet, but I don't think I can justify 3 new boards in 3 years.

you will like the shane or the watson. the other guy is right the shane will track better after a landing than the watson. I would stay away from the ps3 soven, without riding it first. some riders love it some cant ride it at all.

I ride an '07 shane and before that an '03 substance. My wife has the Jett which is the same as the Witness with different graphics/sizing.

The shane is a loose board that tracks well when you put it on edge, the pop is pretty good and the landings are fairly soft.

The substance was great, popped high and hard, wasn't very loose and landed kind of hard if you were high up before you came down.

The Jett seems pretty loose until you put it on edge and then it really LOCKS in, the pop is good but not bucky and the landings are soft was well.

Just my $0.02

I've ridden almost exclusively LF boards since 04 and I've always been impressed. I like the Substance the best for general all around riding. LF Watson is hard to beat especially back in 06, I loved that board. Shane I liked, but didn't love but that was all based on my own riding style. Board is great and gets great ratings.

Someone mentioned not liking the Fish, but I love it and is my current board. Shorter and fatter than most boards and it does inverts extremely well and quick to swing. Our local pro rides the Fish exclusively and it can take you as far as you want to go.

The 08 Lyman is one to watch IMO. Got on that board last weekend and wow what a ride. It will cut before you are ready and take you higher than you thought you could go. Loved the Watson, but this might be my new favorite. It’s a little loose though if you happen to get off balance trying to pull out a landing. Very soft landings though.

I have the Witness and absolutely love it. A few peeps on here have ridden it and also thought it was a great board.

Best thing to do is demo, demo, demo.