Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My speedo's aren't working

Hey guys/gals,

When I bought the boat 3 yrs ago one of the speedo's would randomly work, but now neither work. The boat is a 1991 Euro F3 Skier. I am going to replace all of the hosing for both speedos. While looking to see where the hosing ran I noticed there were two gold cylinders that the hoses went to after each pitot pickup. What is the purpose of that gold cylinder? The cylinders are mounted on the transom about 6 inches above where the tubing comes through the transom from the pitot's. Should replacing the hosing fix my problems? I installed new Faria Euro gauges this last season. Would it be worthwhile to get new pitot's like these http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=769B that are the flow thru type, or should I just reuse the existing ones that I have?

Thanks for your help!!

Jamie

I had the same problem with my old boat. First have you inspected the hose for problems like cracks? If you have and there are no visible cracks try disconnecting the hose at the back of the boat and take a compressor and blow air threw the lines. You will see if the hose is plug because the speedo will not move or it will move slow. Once you have determined the hose is plug disconnect the hose on both ends and blow the hose again. This should clear anything in the hose. Worked for me.