Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adjusting the windshield

Seems like my 'bu is starting to show it's age. When opening the pass-thru windshield, the pane gets caught on the windshield frame and is starting to get annoying. Is there a way to adjust the windshield frame so the pass thru window doesn't get caught?

thanks!

Seems like my 'bu is starting to show it's age. When opening the pass-thru windshield, the pane gets caught on the windshield frame and is starting to get annoying. Is there a way to adjust the windshield frame so the pass thru window doesn't get caught?

thanks!

The support struts have a slight adjustment as one of the holes is elongated on each end. Shimming off the frame will work too. Do you have alot of play in your hinge?

thanks!

The support struts have a slight adjustment as one of the holes is elongated on each end. Shimming off the frame will work too. Do you have alot of play in your hinge?

I don't have much, if any, play in the hinge.

Have you checked to see if the screws holding the windshield on are tight?

They're tight as far as I can tell. I guess I could say this...they're not excessively loose that I notice it....

You should be able to adjust the windshield a bit by loosening the bolts that hold it to the deck & sliding them towards each other a bit. You won't get a lot, but then again 1/8" on each side should make things fit a lot better.

• 2 weeks later...

You can adjust the windshield. My 03 Wakesetter had a similar problem I actually got close to 3/8th of an inch just out of the one side and you couldn't even tell. I pulled all of the screws/bolts and redrilled the whole setup. It was super easy took about 1hr hardest part was putting the rubber molding back in the window :)