Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

00 Wakesetter Battery Wiring

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2000 wakesetter and the battery wiring is all messed up. It was having some draining issues before and so many people got their hands on it that now there is no telling how it is supposed to be set up. I have two batteries, two MAIN connections that look like car connections, one small red and one small black wires that come from what looks like a heat sink (like off of a computer) that attaces to a little screw attached to the battery, and then two spare wires (red and black) that look just like the two off of the heat sink that I think might origionally have been going from one battery to another. If any of this is confusing I will post some pics. Thanks in advance!

Sean.

yes, pictures are going to be needed here for a complete answer. If you can tag ON the photo what each wire goes too, that would be very good too.

It sounds like you've got an isolator in there too.

• 1 month later...

Okay, here are some pictures from my phone. I can get better ones but I always forget. Let me know if these help. We just keep charging the battery that everything is hooked up to. Hopefully this will help :/

boatbattery1.jpg

boatbattery1.jpg

Does this help anyone?

Edited by Provolone

I think the thing that would help most would be if you could name a brand & model of the isolator (heat sink). You should have 2 pairs of main connections - 1 pair coming from the alternator (engine compartment), the other pair coming from the dash/accessory panel. Is that what you have? The pair for the engine bay would loop back along the gunnel, & the pair to the dash would go up over the top of the observer compartment opening & then down the other side, disappearing in the floor. If you can find the info on the isolator, we can help you figure out how it's supposed to be wired.

In the mean time, check the water levels on the batteries. You might also pull them out & take them to an auto electrical shop to have them tested, & possibly have a good charge put on them.

I think the thing that would help most would be if you could name a brand & model of the isolator (heat sink). You should have 2 pairs of main connections - 1 pair coming from the alternator (engine compartment), the other pair coming from the dash/accessory panel. Is that what you have? The pair for the engine bay would loop back along the gunnel, & the pair to the dash would go up over the top of the observer compartment opening & then down the other side, disappearing in the floor. If you can find the info on the isolator, we can help you figure out how it's supposed to be wired.

In the mean time, check the water levels on the batteries. You might also pull them out & take them to an auto electrical shop to have them tested, & possibly have a good charge put on them.

ok Great! I will check this afternoon and post up all the information I find. Thanks!

Does this help?

Ronnie~

Not trying to highjack the thread, but I noticed you and Big D wired you Stinger the same way…I followed the recommendation/instruction from stinger…why did you go a different route? Just want to make sure I’m doing it right? Thanks Buddy!

Shawn

Does this help?

Ronnie~

Not trying to highjack the thread, but I noticed you and Big D wired you Stinger the same way…I followed the recommendation/instruction from stinger…why did you go a different route? Just want to make sure I’m doing it right? Thanks Buddy!

Shawn

This was how they were to be wired in the instructions I received. Mine is a Pac 200. Mine might be different than your's, I've had it in since the boat was new in '04. I've had zero problems with it.