Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Not a good day for my Bu

Sixball

Started the day off with a couple of runs behind MC. Got home and wife ans college son wants to get a ride in. Go down and fire up the Bu call the neighbor give him a run up and down the lake. as I drop him the bilge pump comes on. Not good my boat does not take water on enough to have the bilge pump come on. So jump out of the drivers seat lift the engine cover bilge is filling water squatting everywhere. The main hose from the water pump to the thermostat is split wide open run back and put the boat on the lift an pulled the hose. Wow it is full of splits under the outer and mesh wrapping. lucky I wasn't far from home. Well I will call the dealer tomorrow and get a new one sent out but my son goes back up to college on Wednesday so no boating for him, BUMMER!!!! :(

That's the exact reason I put an isolating ball valve inline in the raw water intake. Now if a hose splits, I just switch the ball valve off and idle and/or paddle back to the dock/ramp.

Thumbup.gif

I've replaced engine hoses with just plain old radiator hoses from an auto parts store. There's nothing special about the cooling hoses in a boat heck, all they carry is nice cool fresh water. Just bring the broken hose to the parts store to match up the diameter and any bends. Just match it to any hose hanging on the wall.

I've replaced engine hoses with just plain old radiator hoses from an auto parts store. There's nothing special about the cooling hoses in a boat heck, all they carry is nice cool fresh water. Just bring the broken hose to the parts store to match up the diameter and any bends. Just match it to any hose hanging on the wall.

I would agree with Pete, I don't see any reason that you would need a dealer installed part! Plus you will probably get it done quicker and cheaper! Good Luck!

With the shape of the hose, I doubt he will have any luck at the auto parts store. But you never know. The hose is shaped into a "U".

VERY surprised to see you having a hose split since it is a 2007 boat. Maybe I should take a closer look at mine...2004 with 135 hrs.

I'm sure somebody else will know better than me but it seems I had heard that hose failures on the '07s were not uncommon. Maybe they got a bad bunch of hose.

My 07 hose was replaced under a recall. The dealer I deal with said they had a couple other boats around the same time they had to replace. Got mine May 5th last year.

Yeah, I vaguely remember some sort of "issue" with an incoming water hose. Regardless of a recall, I think that would be warranty on a 1 year old boat. I'd go to the dealer for it.

No duct tape for this one! I called my dealer this morning and a new one is on the way under warranty. Thumbup.gif For Skiers Pier I have had outstanding service from the gang at Skiers Pier.

Sixball... I just had the same exact thing happen on our Ski teams 2007 Response LXI Monsoon Motor. Our boat has 290 hours on it and we were skiing the course at 34 and it split just like yours. Pouring water everywhere. had to baby it to shore. Took it to the dealer that day. We were using out boat in the National Malibu Demo Day so they ended up just pulling a house off of a new 2008 boat. They said it was gonna take a week and half to get that hose. From what the dealer told me the hose was supposed to be recalled and replaced but me dealer never did it.

Sam

Sixball... I just had the same exact thing happen on our Ski teams 2007 Response LXI Monsoon Motor. Our boat has 290 hours on it and we were skiing the course at 34 and it split just like yours. Pouring water everywhere. had to baby it to shore. Took it to the dealer that day. We were using out boat in the National Malibu Demo Day so they ended up just pulling a house off of a new 2008 boat. They said it was gonna take a week and half to get that hose. From what the dealer told me the hose was supposed to be recalled and replaced but me dealer never did it.

Sam

I have heard this before, not the first time the dealer didn't do what they were supposed to do.

Sam

I think I am at 79 Hrs. Hope the new hose goes a little longer. Any one having problems with any of the other hoses?

MalibuNation

Sam

I think I am at 79 Hrs. Hope the new hose goes a little longer. Any one having problems with any of the other hoses?

No problems with any hoses on my 2003. Have had a few problems with hosers in the boat, but I took care of them myself. Whistling.gif

Edited by jchooper

There must have been something in the air on May 4. I was coming into the dock getting ready to trailer when the temp gauge went nuts. Opened up the cover and the bilge was completely full with steam was pouring off the engine. The hose to the impeller had split wide open. Fortunately, there doesn't appear to have been any damage to the engine.

For my own knowledge, if something like this happened and it wasn't possible to quickly load the boat onto

a trailer and out of the water I assume the best thing to do would be to shut engine off and close the water intake valve underneath the rear center seat (in a vride) and paddle/tow back to dock. Or would you only need to shut the engine off to prevent more water coming in?

There is a thing called hose bandage that you can get from an auto parts store. Might be a way to salvage that Sunday mid day boat time when you can't find an open store. Keep in the boat for emergency use.

What really sucks about this is you had a problem the dealer knew about via recall, and didn't call you to let you know to come in to get a hose prior to you're having to discover it. They knew who bought the 2007's. This kind of thing drives me nuts, and it's not just your dealer. Seems like it would be a perfect opportunity to show proactive customer service instead of showing how great they were about handling after the fact.

Sometimes common sense is not so common. Hope the rest of your summer is better.....

What really sucks about this is you had a problem the dealer knew about via recall, and didn't call you to let you know to come in to get a hose prior to you're having to discover it. They knew who bought the 2007's. This kind of thing drives me nuts, and it's not just your dealer. Seems like it would be a perfect opportunity to show proactive customer service instead of showing how great they were about handling after the fact.

Sometimes common sense is not so common. Hope the rest of your summer is better.....

So does anyone have the list of the boats/motors that had the issue? I have an 07 LSV with a Monsoon, and I don't want a hose to hose up a good day on the water.